Eddi Reader - Love Is The Way [2009][EAC/FLAC]

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on April 20, 2015 by DitchesPickin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Eddi Reader - Love Is The Way [2009][EAC/FLAC] (Size: 369.97 MB)
 13 I Won't Stand in Your Way.flac44.23 MB
 12 My Shining Star.flac24.63 MB
 11 Roses.flac30.1 MB
 Eddi Reader - Love is the way.log12.61 KB
 Eddi Reader - Love is the way.m3u903 bytes
 Torrent downloaded from demonoid.pw.txt46 bytes
 Love Is The Way.cue2.15 KB
 10 It's Magic.flac21.68 MB
 09 Fallen Twice.flac29.59 MB
 04 Dandelion.flac20.77 MB
 03 New York City.flac36.45 MB
 02 Silent Bells.flac25.82 MB
 05 Love Is The Way.flac27.1 MB
 06 Sweet Mountain of Love.flac31.99 MB
 08 Over it Now.flac25.98 MB
 07 Never going back again (queen of scots).flac17.47 MB
 01 Dragonflies.flac34.13 MB

Description

FLAC / Lossless / Log (100%) / Cue
Label/Cat#:Rough Trade - #RTRADCDX 454
Year: April 13, 2009
Genre:folk

1 Dragonfiles
2 Silent Bells
3 New York City
4 Dandelion
5 Love Is The Way
6 Sweet Mountain of Love
7 Never going back again (queen of scots)
8 Over It Now
9 Fallen Twice
10 It's Magic
11 Roses
12 My Shining Star
13 I Won't Stand In Your Way

Having travelled a considerable distance since Fairground Attraction's Perfect was plastered across the nation's psyche in 1988, Eddi Reader has proven to be a durable artist with a real depth that takes her way past transient pop headlines.

From 1994's self-titled album (with the truly sublime Patience of Angels) through to more introspective and heritage-investigative works such as her Robert Burns project, Reader's been easing herself into the sweet spot that comes from great technique and a good nose for choice of material.

Having started life as a means of bolting a couple of new songs onto a proposed greatest hits compilation, the sessions for Love Is The Way grew into a fully-fledged album whose territory will be familiar to long-term Reader fans.

Gentle orchestrations, arrangements sparkling with countryfied twangs, rootsy accordion and sparse but effective guitar on songs as cosy as an old pullover on a wintry night.

Many of her regular repertory company are present and correct including Boo Herwerdine, with highpoints including Jack Maher's Fallen Twice which offers a sumptuous waltz of a track as well as the old-time charm of It's Magic, with Reader singing Sammy Cahn's schmalzy words with a knowing smile.

As good as all of this undoubtedly is, there’s also a woozy torpor to much of this album, in which Reader's spine-tingling voice often seems underused. You can't begrudge an artist the luxury of feeling comfortable in their own skin, but Reader is capable of so much more.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
369.97 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0