Eddie Shaw - 1992 - In the Land of the Crossroads (1996) [EAC FLAC]

seeders: 0
leechers: 14
Added on May 27, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Description

imageRipped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy. image
Art, cue sheet & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Eddie Shaw

1992 - In the Land of the Crossroads (1996) [EAC FLAC]

Eddie Shaw

Eddie Shaw in 2015

Wikipedia:
Eddie Shaw (born March 20, 1937, Stringtown, Mississippi) is an American Chicago blues tenor saxophonist.
In his teenage years, Shaw played tenor saxophone with local blues musicians, such as Little Milton and Willie Love. At the age of 14, he played in a jam session in Greenville, Mississippi, with Ike Turner's band. At a gig in Itta Bena, Mississippi, when the then 20-year-old Shaw performed, Muddy Waters invited him to join his Chicago-based band.
In Waters's band, Shaw divided the tenor saxophone position with A.C. Reed. In 1972 he joined Howlin' Wolf, leading his band, the Wolf Gang, and writing half the songs on The Back Door Wolf (1973). After the singer's death in 1976 he took over the band and its residency at the 1815 Club, renamed Eddie's Place. Shaw led the band on Living Chicago Blues Vol. 1 and Have Blues – Will Travel (1980) and recorded albums with different backing for Isabel Records, Rooster Blues, and Wolf Records.
Shaw's own recording career started in the late 1970s, with an appearance on the Alligator Records anthology Living Chicago Blues (1978) and his own LPs for Evidence and Rooster Blues, and more recent discs for Rooster Blues (In the Land of the Crossroads) and Wolf (Home Alone).
Shaw's many contributions to the blues include arranging tracks for The London Howlin' Wolf Sessions (which featured Eric Clapton, Bill Wyman, Ringo Starr and others) and performing with blues notables, including Hound Dog Taylor, Freddie King, Otis Rush and Magic Sam (on his Black Magic album).
In 2013 and 2014, Shaw won the Blues Music Award in the categoy Instrumentalist – Horn. May 3 is Eddie Shaw Day in Chicago, by proclamation of Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

In the Land of the Crossroads

Artist: Eddie Shaw
Title: In the Land of the Crossroads
Producer: Eddie Shaw, Jim O'Neal
Release Date: 1992, 1996
Label: Rooster Blues Records
Catalog: R2624
Genre: Blues, Electric Chicago Blues
Duration: 46:07

AllMusic Review by Bill Dahl:
The best contemporary Shaw offering, cut in his old Mississippi stomping grounds with his trusty combo, the Wolf Gang. Lots of lyrically unusual originals -- "Dunkin' Donut Woman," "Wine Head Hole," and "She Didn't Tell Me Everything," for starters -- and Shaw's usual diamond-hard horn lines and commanding vocals make this a standout selection.

01 - Delta Bound - 4:11
02 - Tears are Falling - 2:42
03 - Fannie Mae Jones - 4:59
04 - I got to Go - 4:06
05 - She didn't tell me Everything - 4:30
06 - My Friend Rosco - 2:30
07 - Dunkin' Donut Woman - 3:31
08 - Take home Pay - 2:19
09 - Wine Head Hole - 5:06
10 - Chicago Man - 3:43
11 - Operator - 5:10
12 - Blues at the Crossroads - 4:27