Eduardo Galeano - Soccer in Sun and Shadow (epub, mobi)

seeders: 0
leechers: 1
Added on January 17, 2016 by Stuffytick9in Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Eduardo Galeano - Soccer in Sun and Shadow (epub, mobi) (Size: 11.28 MB)
 Cover.jpg86.52 KB
 Eduardo Galeano - Soccer in Sun and Shadow.epub3.77 MB
 Eduardo Galeano - Soccer in Sun and Shadow.mobi7.43 MB

Description

Eduardo Galeano’s Soccer in Sun and Shadow has established itself over the last decade as one of the most celebrated books on the world’s greatest and most popular game. Readers all over the world have been drawn to the hundreds of magical stories that Galeano conjures and to his confession, “Years have gone by and I've finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good soccer. I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: 'A pretty move, for the love of God.' And when good soccer happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don't give a damn which team or country performs it."In this new edition, which encompasses Galeano’s reflections on the 2010 World Cup, tragedy spins a continuous thread through these pages—remember Andres Escobar, the Colombian defender, whose own goal lost his country a game in the 1994 World Cup and was subsequently gunned down in Medellin?—but where there is shadow there is also the bright sunlight of joy and beauty, of the Italian striker whose shorts in the run up to a penalty kick in the 1938 World Cup fell down around his knees – he pulled them back up, and with the goalkeeper and stadium in pleats of laughter, scored the goal that saw Italy to the final. Galeano concludes that “soccer is a pleasure that hurts, and the music of a victory that gets the dead dancing is akin to the clamorous silence of an empty stadium, where one defeated fan, unable to move, sits in the middle of the immense stands, alone.”

ISBN13: 9781568584942

Genre: History, Sport, Soccer

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
11.28 MB
seeders:0
leechers:1
Eduardo Galeano - Soccer in Sun and Shadow (epub, mobi)