Ella Fitzgerald - Sings the Johnny Mercer Song Book (1964) VBR

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on February 12, 2013 by farth2in Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Ella Fitzgerald - Sings the Johnny Mercer Song Book (1964) VBR (Size: 70.48 MB)
 10 Midnight Sun.mp38.07 MB
 13 When a Woman Loves a Man.mp36.12 MB
 09 Trav'lin' Light.mp36.09 MB
 02 Early Autumn.mp36 MB
 12 I Remember You.mp35.87 MB
 04 Laura [From Laura].mp35.81 MB
 07 Single-O.mp35.2 MB
 06 Skylark.mp35.01 MB
 11 Dream.mp34.83 MB
 05 This Time the Dream's on Me.mp34.65 MB
 03 Day In - Day Out.mp34.54 MB
 08 Something's Gotta Give.mp34.21 MB
 01 Too Marvelous for Words.mp34.04 MB
 Ella Fitzgerald - Sings the Johnny Mercer Song Book.jpg40.11 KB

Description

Ella Fitzgerald - Sings the Johnny Mercer Song Book VBR

Year 1964

Tracks
1. Too Marvelous For Words 2:34
2. Early Autumn 3:52
3. Day In Day Out 2:50
4. Laura 3:45
5. This Time The Dream's On Me 2:57
6. Skylark 3:13
7. Single-O 3:23
8. Something's Gotta Give 2:36
9. Trav'lin Light 3:50
10. Midnight Sun 4:57
11. Dream 3:00
12. I Remember You 3:41
13. When A Woman Loves A Man 3:51

Ella Fitzgerald pays tribute to the great Johnny Mercer with this album of just a few of his greatest hits. Ella's tribute to Johnny is the only songbook she recorded for any lyricist--what an honor she paid to Mercer! Ella handles these beautiful numbers with sensitivity, grace and confidence. The CD proves her incredible vocal skills truly enhanced Johnny Mercer's artistry.
The CD track set begins with "Too Marvelous For Words." The big band style arrangement by Nelson Riddle swings right along with Ella's vocal gymnastics. Great! Ella's excellent diction remains constant as she performs "Too Marvelous For Words." Love that piano with the horns in the middle of "Too Marvelous For Words!" "Day In, Day Out" presents Ella as a co-star with Nelson Riddle's arrangement; together Ella's voice and the musicians complement each other perfectly. Ella even scats a bit! What a fantastic love ballad.
"Laura" comes from the movie of the same name; and the key changes on the musical arrangement work well. Ella sings this sweetly with great sensitivity which, combined with the music, gives "Laura" a haunting quality. Excellent! Ella swings ever so gently as she tells the story of how a man sees his former wife everywhere he goes. The horns and the strings bolster "Laura," too.
"Skylark" starts with a beautiful flute arrangement; when Ella comes in the number shines like polished gold! Ella swings gently just as she did on "Laura;" and this works wonders for "Skylark." On the other hand, "Something's Gotta Give" gives us a bouncy, upbeat number that swings brightly. Ella delivers this with all her heart and the effect is absolutely electric! Ella never misses a note; and Nelson Riddle's arrangement uses the horns and percussion to carry the bulk of the melody. Listen for that sax solo, too--it's flawless.
"Dream" features Ella singing a rarely heard opening verse. The arrangement backs up Ella while Ella takes the spotlight for "Dream." "Dream" is a romantic ballad; and the tempo is slightly faster than normal to add a bit of "bounce" and energy to this number. In addition, "I Remember You" gets the royal treatment from Ella and Nelson Riddle. "I Remember You" features Ella starting with a solo piano in the background and then the tune uses horns, Ella's vocals and a slower than normal tempo to make "I Remember You" a true masterpiece. Only Johnny Mercer could write lyrics like these!
The liner notes have a miniature replica of the reverse of the record album jacket with its essay about Ella and this album by Benny Green. Samuel Brylawski also contributes an essay about this album. The picture of Ella singing on the CD front cover shows good taste.
Ella Fitzgerald gives us a special, rare treat with her songbook album of numbers by the immortal Johnny Mercer. In Ella's competent hands, Johnny Mercer's lyrics shine brighter than ever before. Ella's flawless singing on this album will brighten your day as you listen and you'll know after you listen just once that this CD is a keeper.
I highly recommend this CD for Ella Fitzgerald fans, Johnny Mercer fans and people who enjoy classic pop vocals.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
70.48 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Ella Fitzgerald - Sings the Johnny Mercer Song Book (1964) VBR