Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell - Old Yellow Moon [2013][EAC,log,cue. FLAC]

seeders: 20
leechers: 2
Added on March 4, 2013 by dickthespicin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell - Old Yellow Moon [2013][EAC,log,cue. FLAC] (Size: 223.86 MB)
 01. Emmylou Harris; Rodney Crowell - Hanging Up My Heart.flac17.86 MB
 02. Emmylou Harris; Rodney Crowell - Invitation to the Blues.flac23.55 MB
 03. Emmylou Harris; Rodney Crowell - Spanish Dancer.flac19.02 MB
 04. Emmylou Harris; Rodney Crowell - Open Season On My Heart.flac17.41 MB
 05. Emmylou Harris; Rodney Crowell - Chase the Feeling.flac22.42 MB
 06. Emmylou Harris; Rodney Crowell - Black Caffeine.flac18.68 MB
 07. Emmylou Harris; Rodney Crowell - Dreaming My Dreams.flac15.48 MB
 08. Emmylou Harris; Rodney Crowell - Bluebird Wine.flac19.21 MB
 09. Emmylou Harris; Rodney Crowell - Back When We Were Beautiful.flac16.95 MB
 10. Emmylou Harris; Rodney Crowell - Here We Are.flac17.43 MB
 11. Emmylou Harris; Rodney Crowell - Bull Rider.flac17.51 MB
 12. Emmylou Harris; Rodney Crowell - Old Yellow Moon.flac18.3 MB
 Cover.jpg13.17 KB
 Emmylou Harris; Rodney Crowell - Old Yellow Moon.log14.93 KB
 Emmylou Harris; Rodney Crowell - Old Yellow Moon.m3u1.47 KB
 Old Yellow Moon.cue3.92 KB

Description

Artists: Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell
Release: Old Yellow Moon
Discogs: 4340166
Released: 2013
Label: Nonesuch
Catalog#: 534285-2
Format: FLAC / Lossless / Log (100%) / Cue / CD
Style: Folk, World, & Country, Country

Tracklisting:

01. Hanging Up My Heart (2:52)
02. Invitation To The Blues (3:38)
03. Spanish Dancer (3:44)
04. Open Season On My Heart (3:41)
05. Chase The Feeling (3:32)
06. Black Caffeine (3:23)
07. Dreaming My Dreams (3:18)
08. Bluebird Wine (2:56)
09. Back When We Were Beautiful (3:40)
10. Here We Are (3:16)
11. Bull Rider (3:05)
12. Old Yellow Moon (3:36)

Credits: Show

Emmylou Harris’ shimmering, yearning soprano is one of the great voices in music. Long before it is a country song, or a sad song, anything she sings is an Emmylou Harris song.
Yet at the same time, curiously, the Alabama native is a singer whose best moments come in partnership. And on Old Yellow Moon, in that hokiest of country traditions – the boy/girl duet – an old alliance triumphs with charm.
As Harris’ second-most famous singing partner, Rodney Crowell has sometimes suffered by unfair comparison with the man who came before him: Gram Parsons.
Parsons reframed country music through the lens of the 60s counter-culture – and his legacy is most effectively realised on a wonderful tribute album, Return of the Grievous Angel, which may be Harris’ (as co-producer) own finest achievement.
But Crowell is a different thing, a songwriting craftsman with a naturally emotive tenor that beautifully complements that famous soprano.
Nearly 40 years after he joined forces with Emmylou in her 1970s Hot Band – and supported by impeccable contributions from other distinguished veterans of that era, like James Burton, Bill Payne and Hank DeVito – Crowell drives the partnership through a handful of songs that are as sassy and spry as the best of their early years.
And if there’s no getting away from the roots pairing that has outstripped the rest in the 21st century, it should be said that the stomping Harris/Crowell take on Kris Kristofferson’s Chase the Feeling bears comparison with anything from Robert Plant and Alison Krauss.
Still, much of Old Yellow Moon is unashamedly sentimental. Its eighth track, Crowell’s Bluebird Wine, was the song that introduced the pair’s first collaboration in 1975 – and producer Brian Ahern was there on the day, too.
Perhaps someone less familiar at the helm might have muttered a stern word when these old friends began to get maudlin on weepies like Matraca Berg’s Back When We Were Beautiful. But you know what nostalgic reunions are like.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
223.86 MB
seeders:20
leechers:2
Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell - Old Yellow Moon [2013][EAC,log,cue. FLAC]

All Comments

Cheers
2013-04-09 13:04