Ever Since - Bring Out the Gimp (2014) [Gorgatz]

seeders: 3
leechers: 4
Added on February 18, 2014 by Gorgatzin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Ever Since - Bring Out the Gimp (2014) [Gorgatz] (Size: 95.14 MB)
 04. No Way Out.mp314.36 MB
 01. Bring Out the Gimp.mp311.1 MB
 07. 10. 000 Feet.mp310.86 MB
 06. Wrong Way.mp310.83 MB
 02. Run.mp310.72 MB
 05. Step in the Hell.mp310.3 MB
 09. Wake Up.mp39.69 MB
 08. Prison Son.mp38.78 MB
 03. Circles.mp38.4 MB
 Cover.jpg89.46 KB

Description

Ever Since - Bring Out the Gimp (2014) [Gorgatz]

- I N F O -

Apparently, six long years ago a band by the name of EVER SINCE had made its way out of the woodwork - or the Swiss Alps to be specific. They made two acclaimed albums and disappeared, without a trace it seemed - their vague breed of Nu Metal meets METALLICA forever lost in those snowy peaks… until now. I’ll admit that I was never ever privy to the original sound of EVER SINCE, partially due to the idea of foreign music being something I never really thought about until far later in life, but from hearing “Bring Out The Gimp“ - I admit I feel like I was a bit left out.

I’m not kidding when I say that EVER SINCE’s “Bring Out The Gimp“ brings forth a sort of ‘Nu Metal meets METALLICA feel. The band sort of feels like its some missing link in the METALLICA timeline, a much needed change in direction that they would have needed. However, EVER SINCE can totally hold on its own even without comparison to more well-known metal-based tyrants. The band sort of balances it’s brand of heavy is an off-kilter way - no doubt being something totally heavy to anyone new to metal music, bringing forth some totally brain blistering intensity for sure - pounding double-bass drum pedals, amazing riffs, electronic bits, and extremely (extremely!) well-done vocals by front-man Pedro. But it doesn’t ever take things too far, making sure that the album is pushed off into the shelves of obscurity… though never reaches mediocrity either.

Sadly, there are some minor problems with this release. Namely - the title track is god awful. By the time it had ended, being the first track on the album, I thought it to be pretty much over. Everything good about the album is no present on this track, it’s very basic and just floats there without the creative power of songs like “Run“ or “Wake Up“ - which makes me wonder why it IS the title track. Thankfully, however, I did my job and gave this album the run down it deserved.

EVER SINCE’s “Bring Out The Gimp“ has an amazing scope in its sound, mixing quite a bit of simple with a good deal of technical work for effect. I can’t say enough how much character frontman Pedro adds to the whole act, the variety he expresses alone shows just what EVER SINCE is aiming for with its comeback album. Sadly, the experience is somewhat marred by a terribly bland opening track. Though, hold on to your seat and you’ll be privy to some of the best Modern Metal available.

Spawned from the Alpine landscape in 1998 and basing their name/entire musical venture upon the epic scenery of the Swiss Alps, they originally founded from the ashes of the now disbanded Sacrement. Drummer Cédric and guitarist Vincent continued the musical lineage of Sacrement, and propagated it through a new vessel, this is the Ever Since express.

2013 had rekindled the fire in Ever Since after their 6 year hiatus which burnt out as after their 3rd release Between Heaven and Hell, this followed significant commendation from international media for their first two releases which had an aura of Paradise Lost and Cradle Of Filth.

The album titled opening track slithers in with some touchy synths and a progressive riff then kicks your bollocks right up to your throat with a ruthless Disturbed sound to it. Some well timed pinch harmonics picked through the wah pedal over the boot stomping riffs, this scene setter straps you in and you’re not getting off this ride until the final track! Second track Run follows suit with a galloping riff/synth combo and Pedro’s vocals even have a slight early Dave Mustaine roughness to it while track 3 Circles has more of the same heavy thrash pumping through the speakers. Tracks 4 and 5 slows the pace a little and showcases Ever Since’s calmer side but soon enough kicks back on again from track 6 No Way Out with more thrashy coarseness. Throughout the nine track is full of moments of real heavy brilliance and leaves you wondering why it took so long for this album to come out. The fire has certainly rekindled and will burn its way through 2014 ruthlessly leaving nothing but praise.

- T R A C K L I S T -

01. Bring Out the Gimp
02. Run
03. Circles
04. No Way Out
05. Step in the Hell
06. Wrong Way
07. 10'000 Feet
08. Prison Son
09. Wake Up

Format: 320 mp3
Genre: Melodic Death Metal