Fin-de-Siècle Vienna: Politics and Culture by Carl E. Schorske.epub

seeders: 7
leechers: 0
Added on September 21, 2015 by wee_wiwiein Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Fin-de-Siècle Vienna: Politics and Culture by Carl E. Schorske.epub (Size: 17.01 MB)
 Fin-de-Siecle Vienna by Carl E. Schorske.epub17.01 MB

Description

My UTorrent is always deleting my torrents after a few days or so, it's hard to keep manually dragging my torrents to seed it.
If it's out of seed, do PM me and I'll seed for you. I don't take new request through pm though. Appreciate your understanding.

A landmark book from one of the original scholars of our time: a magnificent revelation of turn-of-the-century Vienna where out of a crisis of political & social disintegration so much of modern art & thought was born.
"Not only is it a splendid exploration of several aspects of early modernism in their political context; it is an indicator of how the discipline of intellectual history is currently practiced by its most able & ambitious craftsmen. It is also a moving vindication of historical study itself, in the face of modernism's defiant suggestion that history is obsolete."--David A. Hollinger, History Book Club Review
"Each of [7 separate studies] can be read separately...Yet they are so artfully designed & integrated that one who reads them in order is impressed by the book's wholeness & the momentum of its argument."--Gordon A. Craig, The New Republic
"A profound work...on one of the most important chapters of modern intellectual history"-- H.R. Trevor-Roper, NY Times Book Review
"Invaluable to the social & political historian...as well as to those more concerned with the arts"-- John Willett, NY Review of Books
"A work of original synthesis & scholarship. Engrossing."--Newsweek
Illustrations
Acknowledgments
Introduction
Politics & the psyche: Schnitzler & Hoffmannsthal
The Ringstrasse, its critics & the birth of urban modernism
Politics in a new key: an Austrian trio
Politics & patricide in Freud's Interpretation of dreams
Gustav Klimt: painting & the crisis of the liberal ego
The transformation of the garden
Explosion in the garden: Kokoschka & Schoenberg
Index
Help me seed if you can. Enjoy ~

**Requested by Frankie200515

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
17.01 MB
seeders:7
leechers:0
Fin-de-Siècle Vienna: Politics and Culture by Carl E. Schorske.epub

All Comments

Thanks a lot. You just made my day. I'll keep seeding.