Final Descent (1997).avi

seeders: 6
leechers: 0
Added on May 19, 2014 by Debrisayin Movies
Torrent verified.

Available in versions: TVRip

Final Descent (1997).avi (Size: 801.35 MB)
 Final Descent (1997).avi801.35 MB

Description

Please remain calm. I'm your pilot, Captain Glen 'Lucky' Singer (Robert Urich), and I have that nickname for a reason.
Now relax, sit back, and enjoy your flight. ...Oops, we're on fire. Stand by.

-------------------------------------

Video/audio:
This is taken from a DVD-R of a TV-VHS rip, so there are the usual issues--including occasional A/V dropouts, noise, ghosting, and some glitches early on, where a few frames are dropped or another broadcast flickers in. It's not DVD quality but still quite watchable
The movie itself:
Welcome aboard Quest Airlines Flight 19 from Seattle to Dallas. This beautiful aircraft is a brand-new Gallant 720;
she cost sixty million dollars, and at that price, nothing breaks.
...Well, almost nothing.
Lucky may be a typical male TV character--emotionally-withdrawn, neurotically obstinate, and occasionally whiny--but Robert Urich (Spenser For Hire, Vega$, S.W.A.T., The Ice Pirates, Invitation To Hell, Killdozer, Endangered Species) is much more charming and down-to-earth than ninety percent of Hollywood's steroid-clown action heroes (even when doing completely dumb shit like kicking the tires on a passenger jet as part of the pre-flight inspection), and he and Annette O'Toole (Superman III) are as adorable a movie couple as you're going to find. Even Lucky's managerial antagonist, inflight supervisor, and romantic rival (John de Lancie--"Q" from Star Trek: The Next Generation and Discord from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) is likable. And he's NEVER likable.
The cabin is loaded with disaster-movie stereotypes--the pregnant woman, the elderly couple, the obnoxious children, the smarmy yuppie exec, and the prerequisite crying infant--BUT Final Descent very wisely squashes their roles to little more than placeholders, focusing instead on a few key passengers who have something to offer besides pathos (although God knows they bring their share of that).The plane itself is a typical fictional Hollywood aircraft (named after one of the producers) with more room inside than the narrowbody exterior suggests, and while many story elements are highly improbable, I have been assured by assorted online sources that they are all theoretically possible. (Although I doubt passengers would be able to hear external cannon-fire coming from behind their jet. They certainly wouldn't hear the rotors!)
And as silly as things can get, Final Descent is fun and an undeniable nail-biter.
Enjoy ....
Thank you to the original ripper and uploader at CG.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
801.35 MB
seeders:6
leechers:0
Final Descent (1997).avi

Trailer