for my father (sof shavua b'tel aviv) 2008 region free dvd5 hebrew bcbc

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on December 3, 2015 by BCBCmoviesin Movies
Torrent verified.

for my father (sof shavua b'tel aviv) 2008 region free dvd5 hebrew bcbc (Size: 4.36 GB)
 VIDEO_TS.bup6 KB
 VIDEO_TS.ifo6 KB
 VTS_01_0.bup70 KB
 VTS_01_0.ifo70 KB
 VTS_01_1.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_2.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_3.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_4.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_5.vob367.84 MB

Description

For My Father (Hebrew: סוף שבוע בתל אביב‎, translit. Sof Shavua B'Tel Aviv) is a 2008 Israeli drama film directed by Dror Zahavi. It was entered into the 30th Moscow International Film Festival.

(Contains movie and Optional English Subtitles. No menus or extras. Regular DVD quality (Not BD, 1080p etc...). Seeding always appreciated).

Summary

Strapped into a vest of explosives, young Palestinian Terek (Shredi Jabarin) enters Tel Aviv on a suicide mission to restore his father's honor. But a faulty fuse leaves him stranded among Israelis, and he begins to question his ingrained beliefs about his enemy. While he waits the weekend for a repair, he meets beautiful Keren (Hili Yalon). Still wearing his remote-controlled bomb, Terek must decide his fate before a decision is made for him.

Cast

Shredi Jabarin, Hili Yalon, Shlomo Wishinski, Michael Moshonov, Jony Arbid, Shadi Fahr-Al-Din, Rosina Kambus, Oren Yadger, Dina Golan

For My Father movie review

August 5th, 2010

Sof Shavua B'Tel Aviv (2008) is a German-Israeli co-production shown in the U.S. as "For My Father." Directed by Dror Zahavi, the film follows a Palestinian, Tarek (Shredi Jabarin), who is sent to Tel Aviv as a suicide bomber. When the bomb fails to explode, he's left stranded in Tel Aviv until he's able to fix the detonator. The entire movie takes place during Tarek's weekend in Tel Aviv.

Director Zahavi pulls off a coup, in that he makes his protagonist's mission understandable. It's hard to think of an audience being sympathetic to a terrorist bomber, but we can at least understand the internal logic behind Tarek's actions, even while we recoil at the thought of the suffering a terrorist bomb will cause.

Added to this volatile mixture is a young, liberated Israeli woman, Keren, played by the beautiful Israeli actor Hili Yalon. Naturally, there's a chemistry between the young man and woman, although the differences that separate them make Romeo and Juliet's problems appear trivial by comparison.

It's interesting that both Tarek and Keren are not cardboard characters. They have virtues, flaws, and unexpected facets to their personalities. Also interesting is the fact that they both face as much pressure and harassment from their own communities as they do from their counterparts on the other side of the political and cultural divide.

It's a provocative, troubling movie, and worth seeking

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
4.36 GB
seeders:0
leechers:0
for my father (sof shavua b'tel aviv) 2008 region free dvd5 hebrew bcbc

Trailer