Future Bible Heroes - Partygoing (2013) [FLAC]

seeders: 3
leechers: 1
Added on June 6, 2013 by polituxin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Future Bible Heroes - Partygoing (2013) [FLAC] (Size: 228.28 MB)
 11 - Future Bible Heroes - Digging My Own Grave.flac22.04 MB
 10 - Future Bible Heroes - Love Is A Luxury I Can No Longer Afford.flac16.44 MB
 12 - Future Bible Heroes - Drink Nothing But Champagne.flac15.16 MB
 13 - Future Bible Heroes - When Evening Falls On Tinseltown.flac12.81 MB
 Partygoing.log10.99 KB
 Partygoing.cue3.53 KB
 09 - Future Bible Heroes - How Very Strange.flac18.07 MB
 08 - Future Bible Heroes - Keep Your Children In A Coma.flac16.6 MB
 03 - Future Bible Heroes - Let's Go To Sleep (And Never Come Back).flac18.59 MB
 02 - Future Bible Heroes - Sadder Than The Moon.flac23.83 MB
 04 - Future Bible Heroes - Satan, Your Way Is A Hard One.flac16.08 MB
 05 - Future Bible Heroes - A New Kind Of Town.flac12.22 MB
 07 - Future Bible Heroes - Living, Loving, Partygoing.flac25.28 MB
 06 - Future Bible Heroes - All I Care About Is You.flac22.52 MB
 01 - Future Bible Heroes - A Drink Is Just The Thing.flac8.62 MB

Description

Released: 2013
Duration: 34:11
Genre: Pop/Rock
Style: Indie Pop, Indie Electronic, Alternative
Source: CD (log + cue)
Codec: FLAC
Bit Rate: ~ 900 kbps
Bits Per Sample: 16
Sample Rate: 44,100 Hz

01 A Drink is Just the Thing
02 Sadder Than the Moon
03 Let's Go to Sleep (and Never Come Back)
04 Satan, Your Way is a Hard One
05 A New Kind of Town
06 All I Care About is You
07 Living, Loving, Partygoing
08 Keep Your Children in a Coma
09 How Very Strange
10 Love is a Luxury I Can No Longer Afford
11 Digging My Own Grave
12 Drink Nothing But Champagne
13 When Evening Falls on Tinseltown

It's been ten years since the last Future Bible Heroes album, but for those in the know, it's hardly felt like a drought, as the group is merely a re-skinned version of ultra-prolific songwriter Stephin Merritt's myriad other outlets, which include Magnetic Fields, Gothic Archies, and the 6ths. Originally conceived as a one-off collaboration between Merritt and popular DJ and ex-Figures on a Beach keyboardist Christopher Ewen, the addition of longtime Magnetic Fields collaborator Claudia Gonson in 2002 officially brought the group into Merritt's indie pop empire, and with their heady blend of kitschy electro-pop and darkly funny, Brill Building-inspired tales of heartbreak, the trio really began to cook. 2013's Partygoing finds Gonson and Merritt sharing lead vocals, with Ewen peppering the tracks with strategic blasts of Tiki-fueled ambiance.

Light years more engaging than the previous year's Magnetic Fields offering, the oddly dumb and desperate Love at the Bottom of the Sea, this 15-track set covers all of the usual subjects like smack-assisted suicide ("Let's Go to Sleep and Never Come Back"), booze ("Drink Nothing But Champagne"), the cruel necessity of sin ("Satan, Your Way Is a Hard One"), and of course, love and heartbreak ("Sadder Than the Moon"), all of which benefit from some of Merritt's sharpest lyrics in years, which even at their most juvenile, as is the case with the outstanding "Keep Your Children in a Coma" ("You can't let them go to school for fear of bullying little beasts/and you can't take them to church for fear of priests"), retain the grumpy wisdom of a mellowing misanthrope. In fact, few songwriters can capture the bleak comedy of loneliness, bitterness, and the sheer helplessness that accompanies aging than Merritt, and he does so here with great aplomb.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
228.28 MB
seeders:3
leechers:1