George R. R. Martin - Songs of Love and Death [Kindle azw3]

seeders: 6
leechers: 5
Added on May 7, 2016 by MisterGagain Books > Fiction
Torrent verified.

George R. R. Martin - Songs of Love and Death [Kindle azw3] (Size: 1.47 MB)
 Cover.jpg99.26 KB
 metadata.opf4.49 KB
 Songs of Love and Death_ All-Or - George R. R. Martin;Gardner Doz.azw31.37 MB

Description

George R. R. Martin - Songs of Love and Death

George R.R. Martin and Gardner Dozois have collected a nice batch of all-new stories from an all-star cast in Songs of Love and Death. The theme is "star-crossed lovers," and as you might guess from the title, each tale is a love story, and many are death stories, too. Some are sad, some are sexy, and one or two are slightly sappy. Overall, I enjoyed the collection. Here's what you'll find in Songs of Love and Death:

-- "Love Hurts" by Jim Butcher may be the story Harry Dresden's fans have been waiting for because it looks like Harry and Murphy will finally get together... or will they?
-- In "The Marrying Maid," historical romance author Jo Beverley provides a Regency romance in which a court fop tries to seduce a practical spinster, but this time there's a fairy legend that's spurring him on.
-- In "Rooftops" by Carrie Vaughn, a young playwright who's nervous about her opening night is rescued by a mysterious masked superhero. She has a boyfriend, but she just can't get that masked stranger off her mind.
-- "Hurt Me" by M.L.N. Hanover is an excellently eerie haunted house story. One of the best in this collection.
-- "Demon Lover" by historical fiction writer Cecelia Holland is an erotic fairy tale. Though it was obvious where this one was going, it was still entertaining.
-- In "The Wayfarer's Advice" by Melinda M. Snodgrass, the captain of an illicit spaceship rescues the heiress of an empire.
-- I'm always a fan of Robin Hobb, so it's not surprising that "Blue Boots" was one of my favorites in this collection. It takes place in Buck Town and tells the story of a kitchen maid who falls in love with a wandering minstrel.
-- "The Thing About Cassandra" by Neil Gaiman is a strange story about a man who meets his imaginary girlfriend

Publisher: Gallery Books; 1St Edition edition (November 16, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1439150141
ISBN-13: 9781439150146

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.47 MB
seeders:6
leechers:5
George R. R. Martin - Songs of Love and Death [Kindle azw3]