Getting to Know the President CIA Briefings of Presidential Candidates 1952-1992.pdf

seeders: 12
leechers: 4
Added on January 19, 2016 by ChevyDanin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Getting to Know the President CIA Briefings of Presidential Candidates 1952-1992.pdf (Size: 13.36 MB)
 Getting to Know the President CIA Briefings of Presidential Candidates 1952-1992.pdf13.36 MB

Description

From the Foreword: This is an important and original book. How world leaders understand or misunderstand, use or fail to use, the intelligence available to them is an essential but still under-researched aspect both of modern government and of international relations. The making of the American intelligence community has transformed the presidency of the United States. Before the First World War, the idea that the United States might need a foreign intelligence service simply did not occur to most Americans or to their presidents. After the war, Woodrow Wilson publicly poked fun at his own pre-war innocence: "Let me testify to this, my fellow citizens, I not only did not know it until we got into this war, but I did not believe it when I was told that it was true, that Germany was not the only country that maintained a secret service!" Wilson could scarcely have imagined that, less than half a century later, the United States would be an intelligence superpower. Though the intelligence nowadays available to the President is, like all human knowledge, incomplete and fallible, it probably exceeds—at least in quantity—that available to any other world leader past or present.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
13.36 MB
seeders:12
leechers:4
Getting to Know the President CIA Briefings of Presidential Candidates 1952-1992.pdf