Giallo Meltdown - A Moviethon Diary - Richard Schmidt - [N27]

seeders: 3
leechers: 3
Added on May 3, 2016 by flambokidin Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Giallo Meltdown - A Moviethon Diary - Richard Schmidt - [N27] (Size: 467.36 KB)
 Giallo Meltdown - A Moviethon Diary - Richard Schmidt.epub349.53 KB
 Cover.jpg117.83 KB

Description

Giallo Meltdown: A Moviethon by Richard Schmidt

English | EPUB | ISBN-10: 150783912X | ISBN-13: 978-1507839126

May 27, 2015 | CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

imageimage

Humor & Entertainment, Movies, Guides & Reviews

CONTENTS

Thank Yous

Introduction

The First Giallo Meltdown

13 More Kills for the Killer

La miasma della morte

Red, Yellow, and Black Forever

Black Glove Outlet Mall

The Murderess Kills Her Victims to Death

The Case of the Bleeding Eyeholes

Rusty Straight Razor Dance Party

Planet Giallo

Laughter in a Glass Coffin

You Should Have Killed Me When You Had the Chance

Penultimate Radiation

The Last Dead Body (is Mine)

Index

Excerpt:

I like to pretend that there is a tiny little country filled with both tacky ultra-modern and beautiful classic architecture existing alongside one another in equal measure, lit in garish, sometimes psychedelic colored lights at all times. Its population is made up of 3 types of people: beautiful women, red herrings, and killers. On every street corner, in every cruddy apartment, mansion, lunatic asylum, rundown theater, or castle, someone is being killed with a straight razor, a knife, an axe, a meat cleaver, a garrote, or a shallow bathtub. Everyone starts out more or less happy in this little country. Each citizen is issued oversized sunglasses and bottles of J&B Scotch Whiskey. But then they inherit a fortune, spurn the advances of a psychotic lesbian, or witness a terrible crime. This is when their slick polyester duds become stained with fluorescent and impossibly red blood. Priests, hookers, wealthy jetsetters, artists, musicians, police detectives, hobos, hippies, blackmailers, and especially fashion models are all dropping like flies while a million black-gloved murderers are working around the clock, making sure that the murders never, ever stop.

Welcome to Giallo Meltdown, my friends. For the uninitiated, giallo (or gialli in plural form) is a somewhat obscure subgenre of thriller films. It first generated in Italy where the pulp mystery novels had yellow (or ‘giallo’ in Italian) spines. The heyday of this genre was in the 1960s and 1970s and the films are primarily Italian though Spain, England, the US, and a few other countries got caught up in the act. In the 1980s and 1990s, the giallo fell out of favor thanks in part to its bastard child, the slasher film. But these yellow films never really died and some filmmakers are still letting its bloody influence seep into their work to this day.
I got into giallo in the same way that I think a lot of its fans did: through Italian horror. Thanks to Joe D’Amato’s Absurd, Dario Argento’s Phenomena, Michele Soavi’s The Church, and Lamberto Bava’s Demons, the groundwork had been laid in my youth for my Italian horror awakening. In 2002, after a long break from horror movies, something snapped in my brain and I became a diehard fan of the genre. It wasn’t long before I found out about the giallo genre and I was hooked from the start. This book is the diary that I kept while I obsessively watched as many gialli in a row as my mind and body could handle.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
467.36 KB
seeders:3
leechers:3
Giallo Meltdown - A Moviethon Diary - Richard Schmidt - [N27]

All Comments

Anything giallo and I'm in...Thank you