Gong [2006] Gong in the 70s

seeders: 4
leechers: 0
Added on January 16, 2016 by profgunnin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Gong [2006] Gong in the 70s (Size: 151.96 MB)
 14-blues for finlay.mp330.84 MB
 04-om riff.mp318.36 MB
 09-holy mystery.mp314.71 MB
 12-never glid before (home rehearsal).mp313.02 MB
 13-oily way (home rehearsal).mp312.61 MB
 10-tropical fish (studio rehearsal).mp311.15 MB
 05-flowers gone.mp310.56 MB
 06-I been stoned before.mp38.41 MB
 11-selene.mp37.23 MB
 01-eat that phonebook.mp36.12 MB
 16-'I don't know' encore.mp35.2 MB
 07-long shanks.mp34.53 MB
 08-O mother.mp32.81 MB
 15-benamou's announcement.mp32.3 MB
 02-end of the day.mp32.18 MB
 03-a php's advice.mp31.86 MB
 gong-in-the-seventies.jpg43.5 KB
 info.docx16.63 KB

Description

A welcome return - a deep in the stock-cupboard find. Prime previously unheard Gong recordings.
Compiled by daevid from the Bananamoon Observatory collection in aid of Tim Blake. The first 9 tracks are the classic '73 line-up sans Gilli, live and well recorded. Many thing make this release absolutely worth the entry price for any Gong fan, Steve's 'Om Riff' solo, daevid's scat singing with Tim's harmonica and Steve's guitar picking on 'Flowers Gone', and appropriately enough, given the main beneficiary of this release, Tim's synth playing throughout.
Next follows clean muscular workouts of 'Tropical Fish', without vocals and 'Selene'. Followed by a great little window into a Gong special rehearsal session with 'Never Glid Before' and 'Oily Way'. A bit furry sound-wise round the edges, but so relaxed, especially Mr Howlett.
The rare live, somewhere in France, 1972 outing for the Continental Circus 'Blues For Finlay' was briefly available on a bootleg CD of the album, but the very limited supplies of those disappeared almost a decade ago. Funky sax from Didier and daevid wah-wahing away - then off it goes, deep weirdness, gliss, spacewhisper, Didier blowing sax galaxies, daevid incantations, and Mac Poole holding it all together - Love it, I wish there were more recordings of '71 and '72 - maybe more will turn up?
Average deep-ish, not just the deepest of Gongsters can approach with the certainty of pleasure and enjoyment. Many tracks and sections would have happily graced 'Live Etc' or 'The Peel Sessions' - nothing duff to these 'ere ears, but then I do run GAS…or does it run me? Never could work that out.
I want more.
http://www.planetgong.co.uk/bazaar/cd/gong_inthe70s.shtml

Credits
• Bass – Christian Tritsch (tracks: 10, 14, 16), Mike Howlett (tracks: 1 to 9, 11 to 13)
• Design [Cover Design] – Toby Allen
• Drums – Mac Poole (tracks: 14, 16), Pierre Moerlen (tracks: 1 to 9, 11 to 13), Pip Pyle (tracks: 10)
• Guitar, Vocals, Edited By, Compilation Producer – Daevid Allen
• Lead Guitar – Steve Hillage (tracks: 1 to 9, 11 to 13)
• Mastered By – Dallas Simpson
• Saxophone – Didier Malherbe
• Synthesizer – Tim Blake (tracks: 1 to 9, 11 to 13)
• Vocals [Space Whisper] – Gilli Smyth
• Voice – Bob Benamou (tracks: 15)
Notes
Tracks 1-9 : precise venue and date of this concert still remains unclear.
Track 10 : early recorded rehearsals for 'Camembert Electrique'
Tracks 11-13 : recorded in the rehearsal room at Pavillon du Hay, the Gong community near Sens in France, prior to the recording of 'Angel's Egg'
Tracks 14-16 : Recorded somewhere in France. Legendary French manager Bob Benamou makes the final announcements
http://www.discogs.com/Gong-Gong-In-The-70s/release/861949
@320

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
151.96 MB
seeders:4
leechers:0
Gong [2006] Gong in the 70s

All Comments

Respect & thanks!
Ooh, what a treat. Many thanks for sharing.
You're very welcome! Check out my other Gong torrents, if you like