Grand Funk Railroad - 1970 - Closer to Home (2013 HDTracks) [FLAC@192khz24bit]

seeders: 0
leechers: 1
Added on March 7, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Grand Funk Railroad - 1970 - Closer to Home (2013 HDTracks) [FLAC@192khz24bit] (Size: 2.04 GB)
 01-Sin's A Good Man's Brother.flac224.14 MB
 02-Aimless Lady.flac162.14 MB
 03-Nothing Is The Same.flac247.69 MB
 04-Mean Mistreater.flac206.26 MB
 05-Get It Together.flac241.47 MB
 06-I Don't Have To Sing The Blues.flac217.68 MB
 07-Hooked On Love.flac337.25 MB
 08-I'm Your Captain (Closer To Home).flac456.41 MB
 1970 - Closer to Home (2013 HDTracks) [FLAC@192khz24bit].txt3.21 KB
 Closer To Home.pdf294.77 KB
 Front.jpg254.87 KB

Description

All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Grand Funk Railroad

1970 - Closer to Home

(2013 HDTracks) [FLAC@192khz24bit]

Grand Funk Railroad

Grand Funk Railroad 1971

Wikipedia:
Grand Funk Railroad (also known as Grand Funk) is an American blues rock band that was highly popular during the 1970s, touring extensively and playing to packed arenas worldwide. David Fricke of Rolling Stone magazine once said, "You cannot talk about rock in the 1970s without talking about Grand Funk Railroad!" Known for their crowd-pleasing arena rock style, the band was well-regarded by audiences despite a relative lack of critical acclaim. The band's name is a play on words of the Grand Trunk Western Railroad, a railroad line that ran through the band's home town of Flint, Michigan.

Closer to Home

Format: WEB, FLAC, Album, Reissue, Remastered, 24bit 192kHz HDTracks
Release Date: 2013 (June 15, 1970)
Label: Capitol Records
Catalog #: SKAO-471
Producer: Terry Knight
Genre: Rock, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Blues Rock
Duration: 44:54

Wikipedia:
Closer to Home is Grand Funk Railroad's third studio album and was released on June 15, 1970 by Capitol Records. It was produced by Terry Knight. This album reached RIAA gold record status in 1970, making it the group's third gold record in one year. The songs "Sin's a Good Man's Brother" and "Aimless Lady" were later covered by South African group Suck. "Sin's a Good Man's Brother" was also covered by the band Monster Magnet on their first full-length album Spine of God and by Gov't Mule on their album The Deep End, Volume 1. The album's inside artwork shows a live photo of the band performing at Madison Square Garden in February 1970.

AllMusic Review by Lindsay Planer:
Closer to Home, the trio's third album, was the record that really broke them through to the commercially successful level of metal masters such as Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. Rather than rushing headlong into their typical hard, heavy, and overamplified approach, Grand Funk Railroad began expanding their production values. Most evident is the inclusion of strings, the acoustic opening on the disc's leadoff cut, "Sins a Good Man's Brother," as well as the comparatively mellow "Mean Mistreater." But the boys had far from gone soft. The majority of Closer to Home is filled with the same straight-ahead rock & roll that had composed their previous efforts. The driving tempo of Mel Schacher's viscous lead basslines on "Aimless Lady" and "Nothing Is the Same" adds a depth when contrasted to the soul-stirring and somewhat anthem-like "Get It Together." The laid-back and slinky "I Don't Have to Sing the Blues" also continues the trend of over-the-top decibel-shredding; however, instead of the excess force of other bands, such as MC5, Grand Funk Railroad are able to retain the often-elusive melodic element to their heavy compositions.

01 Sin's A Good Man's Brother 4:35
02 Aimless Lady 3:25
03 Nothing Is The Same 5:10
04 Mean Mistreater 4:25
05 Get It Together 5:07
06 I Don't Have To Sing The Blues 4:35
07 Hooked On Love 7:10
08 I'm Your Captain (Closer to Home) 10:09

Lineup:

Mark Farner — guitar, keyboards, vocals
Mel Schacher — bass guitar
Don Brewer — drums/vocals

Note:
This is not my rip.
My thanks to the original uploader (whoever that may be).

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
2.04 GB
seeders:0
leechers:1
Grand Funk Railroad - 1970 - Closer to Home (2013 HDTracks) [FLAC@192khz24bit]