Gregory Solis - Rise And Walk [Kindle azw3]

seeders: 11
leechers: 1
Added on October 9, 2014 by MisterGagain Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Gregory Solis - Rise And Walk [Kindle azw3] (Size: 338.36 KB)
 Cover.jpg28.43 KB
 metadata.opf4.99 KB
 Rise and Walk - Gregory Solis.azw3304.93 KB

Description

The walking dead descend upon a paintball competition in the mountains. Two brave young women join forces with two thrill seekers in a terror filled struggle against the undead. Low on ammunition and supplies, the survivors use anything at hand to fight off the flesh hungry horde. As the party makes their escape they soon realize that there is nowhere to run when the dead Rise and Walk...

Review

This cover was intriguing...simple, non-flamboyant. It gave me the impression of something really wrong brewing inside and that was true when I read it, but wrong in a good way,

This book takes place primarily in the mountains during a paintball competition when zombies are introduced in the most disturbing way, and two thrill seekers go all out to fight for their lives when this most horrifying book becomes greatly absorbed in it's own guts. The book is a great novel, and terrifying in parts. I'm equally impressed with the author's use of allegories and depth in the characters. It's also changed my mind about entering any competition in the woods any time soon. So to Gregory, my hat is off to you, just tell your zombies to leave my brains alone, and to all you zombie fans, RISE and WALK is incredible. The zombie genre would be missing an arm without it. -- Nathan Curtis, Reviewer, New World Reviews.

Whoever called this a young adult book must have had a very disturbing childhood. And the paintball aspect, which looks silly from the outset, leads to some really surprising plot twists, as well as some moments that made me cringe in honest disgust.

The story, as it stands, revolves around a small mountain town and the annual paintball competition. The entire novel happens over the course of one weekend at the local campgrounds. When strange meteorites crash into the surrounding areas, the dead stop dying and come looking for the buffet.

To say much more would ruin the plot so I won't, I'll just get down to brass tacks. This man is obviously a fan of the genre (space radiation as the cause, hinted at in NOTLD, gore that would have made Fulci cream himself, and a seige scene that Romero himself could have directed) and he has the talent to back it up. The novel is populated with believable characters and realistic settings; this is a world you can see yourself living in... Hell you do live here. Gregory strikes a visceral blow with this novel, leaving you worn, breathless, and strangely agitated when you get to the final page and realize it's over. It's one of those rides that ends too soon, leaving you begging for a sequel, so you can keep up with the character's lives. -- Shawn Rutledge, Reviewer, Skullring.org

About the Author

Gregory Solis was born in San Francisco California. Educated at San Francisco State University where he earned a Bachelors Degree in Cinema. A lifelong writer of fiction he turned his talents towards Horror Fiction in 2006 when he began Rise and Walk. Published in 2007, Rise and Walk has received some great reviews. Greg is working on a sequel and further tales of zombie horror for his Rise and Walk series. He currently lives in Northern California where he writes and runs his video production company.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
338.36 KB
seeders:11
leechers:1
Gregory Solis - Rise And Walk [Kindle azw3]