Gunsmoke Blues - Muddy Waters 2004 DvdRip Mp4 Lee1001

seeders: 15
leechers: 2
Added on April 22, 2014 by xultin Movies > Concerts
Torrent verified.

Gunsmoke Blues - Muddy Waters 2004 DvdRip Mp4 Lee1001 (Size: 1.01 GB)
 Rock Me Baby - Big Mama Thornton.mp485.06 MB
 She's Nineteen Years Old-Muddy Waters.mp482.84 MB
 Walking Thru The Park-Muddy Waters.mp455.33 MB
 Hound Dog - Big Mama Thornton.mp446.78 MB
 Who Shot My BabyRebecca-Big Joe Turner.mp445.32 MB
 Big Mama Thornton Interview.mp424.41 MB
 Summertime-George “Harmonica” Smith.mp418.64 MB
 Night Time Is The Right Time-Big Joe Turner.mp47.29 MB
 Gunsmoke Blues.mp4664.04 MB
 Thumbs.db4.5 KB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.ph.txt46 bytes

Description

Movie : Concert : Documentary

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446346/

In 1971, the camera crew on the series Gunsmoke -- who were all blues enthusiasts -- grabbed some 16mm cameras during the show's hiatus and, for their own enjoyment, shot a concert featuring Muddy Waters, Big Mama Thornton, Big Joe Turner, and George "Harmonica" Smith, while the latter were on a barnstorming tour of the Pacific Northwest. The results, released here for the first time, is some of the best shot footage ever seen of these performers working their own element.

Oh, 35mm cameras might've yielded better quality images, but in terms of where these guys placed themselves, on-stage or in the tour van, and how close they got to their subjects, and how they set up the audio feeds, this is as good a piece of work as was ever seen on Monterey Pop, and better than most other concert material of its era -- it's amazing to watch Thornton talk about writing "Ball and Chain," and the royalty checks she gets thanks to Janis Joplin's recording, in a segue right out of talking about her first meeting with Muddy Waters (who's sitting right there). George "Harmonica" Smith moves almost too fast for the cameras to keep up with him. And Big Joe Turner, looking only a little less fit (and not sounding "lesser" in any way) than he did in Edward L. Cahn's 1956 feature Shake, Rattle & Rock, is worth the price of admission by himself.

And they're just a prelude for some of the best footage ever seen on Muddy Waters, who was still playing his own guitar at the time -- and superbly on "Long Distance Call" -- but is so powerful a presence as a singer, that for the first time it's easy for this reviewer to understand how Chess Records thought to make him "just" a vocalist. The bonus materials include complete performances of "She's Nineteen Years Old" by Muddy, and Thornton doing "Hound Dog" and "Rock Me Baby," and audio-only material on Turner ("Night Time Is the Right Time") and Smith ("Summertime"), plus extended artist interview segments with Thornton and Turner. The bonus performances alone are worth the asking price of this disc, and it is absolutely essential viewing for Muddy Waters fans.

VIDEO

Size.... 664mb

Duration.... 00:59:07

Codec....... AVC1

Frame Width.... 742

Frame Height.... 574

Data Rate.... 1403kbps

Frame Rate.... 25F/S

AUDIO

Bit Rate.... 162kbps

2 Channel Stereo

Audio Sample Rate.... 48 KHz

Bits Per Sample 16 Bit/Sample

Tracks:

1.Early One Morning03:56 (D.R. - D.R.) Big Mama Thornton.

2.Ball And Chain06:45 (Willie Mae Thornton - Willie Mae Thornton) Big Mama Thornton.

3.Juke02:55 (Walter Jacobs - Walter Jacobs) George 'Harmonica' Smith.

4.Leaving Chicago03:46 (D.R. - D.R.) George 'Harmonica' Smith.

5.Hide and Seek04:32 (Ethel Byrd / Cole Winkey - Ethel Byrd / Cole Winkey) Big Joe Turner.

6.Shake, Rattle and Roll01:41 (Charles Calhoun - Charles Calhoun) Big Joe Turner.

7.Mannish Boy05:26 (McKinley Morganfield - McKinley Morganfield) Muddy Waters.

8.Long Distance Call07:09 (McKinley Morganfield - McKinley Morganfield) Muddy Waters.

9.Hoochie Coochie Man04:00 (McKinley Morganfield - McKinley Morganfield) Muddy Waters.

10.Got My Mojo Working04:31 (Preston Foster - Preston Foster) Muddy Waters.

11.So Long03:46 (D.R. - D.R.) Muddy Waters, Big Mama Thornton, Big Joe Turner, George 'Harmonica' Smith.

Bonus.

1.Rock Me Baby07:47 (Josea - Josea) Big Mama Thornton.

2.Hound Dog04:41 (Jerry Leiber - Jerry Leiber) Big Mama Thornton.

3.She's Nineteen Years Old08:34 (McKinley Morganfield - McKinley Morganfield) Muddy Waters.

4.Walking Thru The Park04:31 (McKinley Morganfield - McKinley Morganfield) Muddy Waters.

5.Night Time Is The Right Time04:48 (Cadena - Cadena) Big Joe Turner.

6.Who Shot My Baby / Rebecca14:35 (D.R./Johnson - D.R./Johnson) Big Joe Turner.

7.Summertime06:01 (Ira Gershwin - George Gershwin) George 'Harmonica' Smith.

8.Interview Big Maman Thornton02:24 (Link Wyler )

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.01 GB
seeders:15
leechers:2

All Comments

Thxx dude for ur great upload...I eat,sleep & drink the blues... the extras were a huge bonus as well...thxx dude truly...for a beautiful gem...