Hem - Eveningland [2004] [EAC/FLAC]

seeders: 11
leechers: 10
Added on January 5, 2015 by DitchesPickin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

• Artist: Hem
  • Format: flac - lossless

Hem - Eveningland [2004] [EAC/FLAC] (Size: 302.26 MB)
 16 - Carry Me Home.flac23.77 MB
 15 - Pacific Street.flac16.02 MB
 14 - Eveningland.flac4.88 MB
 13 - The Beautiful Sea.flac16.25 MB
 Eveningland.cue3.03 KB
 Eveningland.log3.93 KB
 folder.jpg52.64 KB
 checksums.md51.06 KB
 Torrent downloaded from demonoid.pw.txt46 bytes
 Eveningland.m3u393 bytes
 12 - Dance With Me, Now Darling.flac19.19 MB
 11 - Jackson.flac21.35 MB
 05 - My Father's Waltz.flac9.46 MB
 04 - Redwing.flac27.16 MB
 03 - Receiver.flac25.78 MB
 02 - Lucky.flac22.41 MB
 06 - Hollow.flac23.77 MB
 07 - A-Hunting We Will Go.flac24.16 MB
 10 - Cincinnati Traveler.flac4.85 MB
 09 - Strays.flac20.56 MB
 08 - An Easy One.flac18.03 MB
 01 - The Fire Thief.flac24.56 MB

Description

FLAC / Lossless / Log (100%) / Cue
Label/Cat#: Rounder #613240
Year: October 5, 2004
Genre: indie folk
Format: CD

1 The Fire Thief
2 Lucky
3 Receiver
4 Redwing
5 My Father's Waltz
6 Hollow
7 A-Hunting We Will Go
8 An Easy One
9 Strays
10 Cincinnati Traveler
11 Jackson
12 Dance With Me, Now Darling
13 The Beautiful Sea
14 Eveningland
15 Pacific Street
16 Carry Me Home

Hem made a quiet stir with their 2001 release Rabbit Songs, notable for its lush orchestral backdrop and the casually sexy and innocent whisperings of vocalist Sally Ellyson. The fact that a gentle folk ensemble could even be heard amidst the Britneys and Xtinas of the new millennium is a testament to Hem's intangible qualities. Fans of their debut will be happy to hear that their 2004 follow-up Eveningland is completely devoid of techno drum loops, pitch-corrected teen angst, and the only super-famous guest star is the quietly brilliant (and unobtrusive) Josh Rouse. Clarinets provide reedy countermelodies to the sighing violins, and campfire acoustic guitars buoy Ellyson's lullabies along on burlap mists through dusty woodcut images. Largely orchestrated by songwriter Dan Messé, the songs retain the timeless quality of Appalachian folk music without ever sounding dated. The music occasionally ranges through blissful '70s AM pop (the Carpenters), with hints of the big British folk ensembles (Pentangle, Fairport Convention), and sighing pedal steel reminiscent of terrific '90s Americana (Cowboy Junkies, Mojave Three) and dreamy pop (Mazzy Star, the Sundays) all of which assemble on the same wooden front porch for a starry evening of acoustic introspection. The album begins subtly with the understated "The Fire Thief," moving slowly into the bright ballad "Receiver" and through a warmly subdued version of the Johnny Cash/June Carter duet "Jackson." The only fault with the album may be that it is not as surprising as their debut, and since it is simply more of the same terrific music, it doesn't broadside the listener in the same new and fresh way. The Hem project began as an attempt to create something lasting, and Eveningland proves that their debut was no fluke. While Hem will probably never appear on MTV (not even early in the morning) or get 30 spins a week on Hot Hits Z-101, their music may sneak into the hearts of unassuming listeners through NPR's All Things Considered and maybe on a CD sampler in a roots music magazine, and those lucky listeners will cherish these songs, holding them close to their hearts with eyes closed and smiles wide, knowing that they hold something truly precious.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
302.26 MB
seeders:11
leechers:10