Henry Fielding - 3 Books

seeders: 17
leechers: 3
Added on October 8, 2013 by ZamKhanin Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Henry Fielding - 3 Books (Size: 1.65 MB)
 The History of Tom Jones - Henry Fielding.epub1.01 MB
 Cover.jpg38.27 KB
 metadata.opf2.92 KB
 Joseph Andrews & Shamela - Henry Fielding.epub578.99 KB
 Cover.jpg33.93 KB
 metadata.opf1.25 KB

Description

The History of Tom Jones (Penguin Classics)

"Sir, I am concerned at the Trouble I give you; nay indeed my Nakedness may well make me ashamed to look you in the Face..." Jones offered her his Coat; but, I know not for what Reason, she absolutely refused the most earnest Solicitations to accept it'. A foundling of mysterious parentage brought up by Mr Allworthy on his country estate, Tom Jones is deeply in love with the seemingly unattainable Sophia Western, the beautiful daughter of the neighbouring squire - though he sometimes succumbs to the charms of the local girls. But when his amorous escapades earn the disapproval of his benefactor, Tom is banished to make his own fortune. Sophia, meanwhile, is determined to avoid an arranged marriage to Allworthy's scheming nephew and escapes from her rambunctious father to follow Tom to London. Henry Fielding's vivid Hogarthian panorama of eighteenth-century life is spiced with danger and intrigue, bawdy exuberance and good-natured authorial interjections.

Joseph Andrews and Shamela (Penguin Classics)

SHAMELA is a brilliant parody of Samuel Richardson's PAMELA, in which a virtuous servant girl long resists her master's advances and is eventually 'rewarded' with marriage. Fielding's far more spirited and sexually honest heroine, by contrast, merely uses coyness and mock modesty as techniques to catch a rich husband. JOSEPH ANDREWS, Fielding's first full-length novel, can also be seen as a response to Richardson, as the lascivious Lady Booby sets out to seduce her comically chaste servant Joseph, (himself in love with the much-put-upon Fanny Goodwill). As in Tom Jones, Fielding takes a huge cast of characters out on the road and exposes them to many colourful and often hilarious adventures.
Judith HawleyΓÇÖs introduction compares the works of Fielding and Richardson, and discusses sex and class relations, and the literary and political world of the time. This volume also includes a chronology and suggestions for further reading

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.65 MB
seeders:17
leechers:3
Henry Fielding - 3 Books