Herman Melville E-Book Collection

seeders: 3
leechers: 0
Added on July 8, 2013 by Mohammad_ATin Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Herman Melville E-Book Collection (Size: 4 MB)
 Bartleby, The Scrivener.epub56.11 KB
 Battle-Pieces and Aspects of the War.epub108.72 KB
 billy budd.epub336.57 KB
 i and my chimney.epub50.76 KB
 Israel Potter.epub194.28 KB
 John Marr and Other Poems.epub84.69 KB
 Mardi and A Voyage Thither, Vol. I.epub259.61 KB
 Mardi and A Voyage Thither, Vol. II.epub276.87 KB
 Moby Dick - Herman Melville.epub531.5 KB
 omoo.epub272.72 KB
 Pierre; or The Ambiguities.epub396.86 KB
 Redburn.epub387.56 KB
 The Confidence-Man His Masquerade.epub252.25 KB
 The Piazza Tales.epub215.14 KB
 TYPEE.epub328.76 KB
 white jacket.epub348.35 KB

Description

“We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects.”

Herman Melville (August 1, 1819 – September 28, 1891) was an American writer best known for the novel Moby-Dick. His first three books gained much contemporary attention (the first, Typee, became a bestseller), but after a fast-blooming literary success in the late 1840s, his popularity declined precipitously in the mid-1850s and never recovered during his lifetime.

When he died in 1891, he was almost completely forgotten. It was not until the "Melville Revival" in the early 20th century that his work won recognition, especially Moby-Dick, which was hailed as one of the literary masterpieces of both American and world literature. In 1919, the unfinished manuscript for his novella Billy Budd was discovered by his first biographer, who published a version in 1924 which was acclaimed by notable British critics as another masterpiece of Melville's. He was the first writer to have his works collected and published by the Library of America.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
4 MB
seeders:3
leechers:0
Herman Melville E-Book Collection

All Comments

thks for sharing
You're welcome
Thanks
You're welcome