Hockey.A.Peoples.History.Pt.2.avi

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on June 3, 2008 by in TV
Torrent verified.

Hockey.A.Peoples.History.Pt.2.avi (Size: 310.37 MB)
 Hockey.A.Peoples.History.Pt.2.avi310.37 MB

Description

Hockey: A people's history is not just about the game of hockey, it is about people living their dreams. It is one of the most impressive documentaries I have ever seen on anything. And I enjoy documentaries.

This documentary not only told the story of how the game got off the ground to become the National Hockey League and a game Canada is obsessed with; It also filmed it by recreating famous people, games and more in live film. No boring pictures with a "hockey guy" telling a story, in every episode you get to see actors play these legends of the game. And when you do see the boring pictures, the zoom in on them to give it that interesting look instead of a flat image.

I saw one episode of Hockey a People's History on CBC. I was so blown away that I bought the entire DVD set. I do not do this.

Only bad thing I can think of with this documentary is the DVD box set is only made for WIDE screen TVs and it squishes the picture on a regular box screen TV. So when it does this you have to remember Wayne Gretzky, Maurice Richard, Eddie Shore etc. are not as tall as Shaq. They are not 7 feet tall. Other then that, if you like Hockey I think you will enjoy.

==========================================================================================

From the simple block of wood that served as a puck at the first organized game of ice hockey, played in Montreal in 1875, to the fascinating story of the pioneering women???s professional league that sold out arenas during the Great War, to the gold-medal glory of the 2002 Olympic Games, Hockey: A People???s History is an epic television series that brings alive the roots of a game that has shaped a nation. Produced by CBC Television and Soci??t?? Radio-Canada in 2006, Hockey: A People???s History traces the history of the game over ten episodes.

Featuring stunning re-enactments, rarely-seen footage, and the words of the pioneers of the game, the series reveals a tale of hockey???s inventors, innovators and empire builders. More than just the story of a sport, it is a story of a people, and it is a unique lens through which one can view Canada???s social history ??? the coming of age of a nation, and the remarkable journey of a sport that has woven itself into our cultural language and fabric. Shot entirely in high definition and produced in the tradition of journalistic excellence that is the hallmark of CBC/Radio-Canada, Hockey: A People???s History is a significant television event that stands as the definitive documentary of record, for today???s audiences as well as future generations.

===================

Resolution..........{720x480

Aspect Ratio........{4:3

Codec...............{Divx

Time................{43.51

This part 2 of 10

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
310.37 MB
seeders:2