Hot Rize - When I'm Free [2014] [FLAC]

seeders: 11
leechers: 3
Added on January 6, 2015 by DitchesPickin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Hot Rize - When I'm Free [2014] [FLAC] (Size: 208.43 MB)
 11 - I Am the Road.flac17.07 MB
 10 - Glory in the Meeting House.flac15.9 MB
 12 - Clary Mae.flac16.81 MB
 Torrent downloaded from demonoid.pw.txt46 bytes
 When I'm Free.log9.37 KB
 When I'm Free.cue2.64 KB
 09 - Burn It Down.flac18.35 MB
 08 - I Never Met a One Like You.flac15.99 MB
 03 - Come Away.flac20.93 MB
 02 - Blue Is Fallin'.flac23.13 MB
 04 - Sky Rider.flac14.53 MB
 05 - You Were on My Mind This Morning.flac16.6 MB
 07 - A Cowboy's Life.flac18.74 MB
 06 - Doggone.flac14.71 MB
 01 - Western Skies.flac15.67 MB

Description

FLAC / Lossless / Log (100%) / Cue
Label/Cat#: Ten In Hand Records / Thirty Tigers #THR 9001
Year: September 30, 2014
Genre: Bluegrass
Format: CD

01 Western Skies
02 Blue Is Fallin'
03 Come Away
04 Sky Rider
05 You Were on My Mind This Morning
06 Doggone
07 A Cowboy's Life
08 I Never Met a One Like You
09 Burn It Down
10 Glory in the Meeting House
11 I Am the Road
12 Clary Mae

Winners of the International Bluegrass Music Association’s very first Entertainers of the Year award, Colorado’s Hot Rize has been creating delicious music for over 35 years. Formed in 1978, the 4-piece survived until 1990, but recently re-grouped and celebrated with a new CD: When I’m Free, and it’s a dandy. Now, 24 years later, original members Tim O’Brien and Pete Wernick, along with longtime Hot Rizer Nick Forster and newcomer Bryan Sutton combine to once again keep the sound of pure, simple and classic bluegrass music alive and well.

O’Brien’s lead vocals are smooth and clear, but these guys can harmonize as well as anyone. Never letting ego get in the way of the music, When I’m Free can take the listener to open spaces like the Rocky Mountain landscape art that graces the CD. Wernick’s banjo and O’Brien’s mandolin or fiddle, with Sutton’s fluid and easy guitar mesh seamlessly throughout the work. The opener, Western Skies, is a toe-tapping, upbeat song of hope and freedom. Blue Is Fallin’ is an easy-going, mellow number with a tinge of melancholy. The southwestern-tinged opening notes of Come Away, a plea to refresh and renew a stale relationship, is filled with as much hope as desperation. Sky Rider is a pure fun instrumental the features everyone in the band, and Wernick earns his reputation as Dr Banjo, but in true Flatt and Scruggs fashion, Sutton more than holds his own. Doggone is a fun and bouncy homage to being a free spirit, and the knowledge than change has to come from within. I Never Met A One Like You is a breath of fresh air on meeting a kindred spirit along the road that we all travel in life. O’Brien’s fiddle starts the classic bluegrass style instrumental of Glory In The Meeting House, with Sutton, Wernick and Forster adding their sounds on top, one at a time, layer upon layer in the most delicate manner.

Hot Rize delivers the same sound now that made them famous so many years ago, and perhaps even better. The production is clean and simple from beginning to end. When I’m Free is a testament to the roots and depths of American music. If you like old-time “country” music, folk or even more, traditional bluegrass, then When I’m Free should be on your list of must-get CD’s. Like the Martha White brand of flour (with active yeast called “Hot-Rize”) that the band named itself for in 1978, the band rises with new material that lift the spirits and renew the senses.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
208.43 MB
seeders:11
leechers:3