HowTo: Open Some Riivolution Games For Dolphin Emulator (for Mario Kart Wii Games)

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on July 27, 2014 by tbillings_100in Applications
Torrent verified.

HowTo: Open Some Riivolution Games For Dolphin Emulator (for Mario Kart Wii Games) (Size: 37.91 MB)
 mksdcard.exe27.81 KB
 Easy Dolphin SDCard Maker.exe16 KB
 Step 6.png1.78 MB
 Step 3.jpg430.31 KB
 step 11.jpg134.82 KB
 Step 9.jpg130.45 KB
 step 10.jpg103.74 KB
 Step 12 (If you have to browse to open your wad file).jpg90.71 KB
 Step 2.jpg90.02 KB
 Step 5.jpg74.94 KB
 Step 8.jpg55.23 KB
 Step 7.jpg52.64 KB
 Win32DiskImager-0.9.5-install.exe11.72 MB
 Install notes.txt109 bytes
 Serial.txt80 bytes
 SystemMenu_4.3U_v513.wad21.24 MB
 Homebrew Channel-6543.wad1.92 MB
 Readme.txt0 bytes

Description

So this is how I made Riivolution (Specifically Mario Kart Wii Games) work on Dolphin on my PC. Not guaranteed to work if game requires the riivolution
patcher app on sdcard to run. Every time I try to load the patcher app I get
stuck on a black screen.

These Steps are to make the latest CTGP-R v1.03.0050 app work on Dolphin without the need of looking to
convert it to an ISO. After downloading please copy or move the channel WADs to your game image folder for easy access
via the Dolphin games menu. Or else to open your channel follow step 12.

1. Open Easy Dolphin SDCard Maker. Personally I like to choose the 2GB to fit a lot of stuff on. Click Make SDcard.
The program will actually create the sd.raw in the same dir where the program is located.

2. Move it to the /Dolphin Emulator/Wii/ folder (this may be located in Documents or the root Dolphin Emulator program folder.) If there is an existing sd.raw file, rename it to sd.raw.old first.

3. Install and run WinImage as administrator.

4. Click to Open Folder.

5. Browse to your newly created sd.raw file and open it.

6. The image will be empty (unlike mine.) Select Image drop-down menu, and click Inject a folder...

7. Browse to the root folder of your extracted Riivolution game. The directory should appear like mine, i.e. right below
your folder should be apps, riivolution, etc. Click ok. This will put the apps, riivolution folders, etc. to
the root of the image. Do not save the image. As you inject folders it will automatically process the image.
When done injecting, close the program.

8. Fire up dolphin. I forget to screenshot, but in the configuration, make sure under the Wii tab, the insert sdcard
checkbox is checked. Now, we need to go over to Paths, and make the Mario Kart Wii game the default ISO. (I stress,
IT HAS TO BE ISO, NOT WBFS OR ANY OTHER FORMAT. It will not work if it is wbfs!!!!)

9. We need to verify that the Mario Kart Wii ISO will be loaded. Open up your wii system menu, (or if you haven't copied
the wad to your game dir, follow step 12 to open the WAD.

10. After the menu has loaded, it should take a few seconds for the game to appear in the disc channel. If it has,
SUCCESS!! (For Now LOL.) So now we need to get back into configuration for Dolphin. At the general tab, because
I am using CTGP-R as an example, we need ALL 150+ tracks to be playable. For this set the CPU Emulator Engine to
JITIL Recompiler. (You can experiment this with other Riivolution games.) Now, if you don't want to see a nasty nag
error screen upon loading the Riivolution game from the Homebrew Channel, Click the Audio tab in Dolphin Config
and make sure to select DSP LLE recompiler. (You can also expiriment with this too.)

11. Now fire up your homebrew channel and allow internet access through your firewall and select your game, follow the
on screen prompts and you should be golden!!

12. To open your wad is you haven't copied/moved it to your games dir, in Dolphin click Open at top left and browse to the
folder where your WAD is located and open it.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
37.91 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
HowTo: Open Some Riivolution Games For Dolphin Emulator (for Mario Kart Wii Games)

All Comments

thank you
You're welcome! I apologize this method will not open Riivolution games through Riivolution Patcher app via sdcard or wii menu in Dolphin due to genuine Wii CPU requirement, not emulation, but this is a great way to run the latest CTGP-R, as it cannot be converted to ISO. This is a great starting point though. If I can find a way, I'll post it lol.