Hubert Sumlin - 2005 - About Them Shoes [EAC FLAC]

seeders: 0
leechers: 4
Added on May 18, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Hubert Sumlin - 2005 - About Them Shoes [EAC FLAC] (Size: 385.32 MB)
 01 - I'm ready.flac32.4 MB
 02 - Still A Fool.flac32.93 MB
 03 - She's Into Something.flac24.03 MB
 04 - Iodine In My Coffee.flac35.48 MB
 05 - Look What You've Done.flac25.72 MB
 06 - Come Home Baby.flac33.03 MB
 07 - Evil.flac33.72 MB
 08 - Long Distance Call.flac39.58 MB
 09 - The Same Thing.flac26.92 MB
 10 - Don't Go No Farther.flac22.45 MB
 11 - I Love The Live, I Live The Live I Love.flac27.15 MB
 12 - Walkin' Thru The Park.flac24.83 MB
 13 - This Is The End, Little Girl.flac21.65 MB
 Hubert Sumlin - 2005 - About Them Shoes [EAC FLAC].txt4.05 KB
 Back.jpg489.92 KB
 Booklet 01.jpg568.41 KB
 Booklet 02.jpg1.11 MB
 Booklet 03.jpg1.25 MB
 Booklet 04.jpg1.35 MB
 Front.jpg689.72 KB
 [Hubert Sumlin] About Them Shoes.cue5.07 KB
 Hubert Sumlin - About Them Shoes.log2.71 KB

Description

imageRipped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy. image
Art, cue sheet & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Hubert Sumlin - 2005 - About Them Shoes [EAC FLAC]

Hubert Sumlin

Hubert Sumlin at the Long Beach Blues Festival, California 2003

Wikipedia:
Hubert Charles Sumlin (November 16, 1931 – December 4, 2011) was a Chicago blues guitarist and singer, best known for his "wrenched, shattering bursts of notes, sudden cliff-hanger silences and daring rhythmic suspensions" as a member of Howlin' Wolf's band. He was ranked number 43 in Rolling Stone's "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time".

About Them Shoes

Artist: Hubert Sumlin
Title: About Them Shoes
Producer: Jordan Birnbaum, Ben Elliott, Rob Fraboni
Release Date: January 25, 2005
Label: Tone-Cool Records
Catalog: TCL-CD-51609
Barcode: 699675160920
ASIN: B0006UEVPY
Genre: Blues, Electric Chicago Blues, Modern Electric Blues, Blues Rock
Duration: 54:50

AllMusic Review by Joe Viglione:
Hubert Sumlin's About Them Shoes is a refreshingly pure blues recording which comes at a time when others are distorting the genre with various "contemporary" elements. The songs are from the repertoire of Muddy Waters -- seven tunes written by Waters (McKinley Morganfield), four by Willie Dixon, one from Carl C. Wright, and a beauty by Sumlin to close things out. Dixon's "I'm Ready" starts things off with Eric Clapton on lead guitar and vocals, the drums of Levon Helm, and Paul Oscher's oozing harmonica filling in nicely with David Maxwell's piano. It's bouncy and shows a side of Clapton not often present on his own albums. Sumlin's lead is tasty, giving way to Oscher's equally gritty wail. Waters' own "Still a Fool" has Keith Richards on lead vocals and sharing the guitar chores with Sumlin. It's got that Rolling Stones-ish ragged edge that producer Rob Fraboni knows so well; Fraboni's guiding hand never gets in the way of the musical process that flows across the CD. James Cotton's harp comes in to spice up "She's Into Something," which features percussionist George Recile on lead vocals and Helm back on the skins. Helm plays drums on eight of the 13 tracks, Recile on four, with the final number, Hubert Sumlin's only original, "Little Girl, This Is the End," closing the set without percussion. "Little Girl" features a charming interplay between Keith Richards and Sumlin's guitars, while Paul Nowinski adds a full-bottom bass to round things out. It's Sumlin's only.

Amazon.com Review by Ted Drozdowski:
Hubert Sumlin's famed for the shimmying riffs he laid all over classic Howlin' Wolf songs like "Killing Floor" and "Shake for Me," yet this excellent disc--which teams the 73-year-old firebrand with pals Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, James Cotton, Bob Margolin, and a host of other veterans--is a rocking, soulful tribute to another of his employers, Muddy Waters. Clapton bites into the licks and lyrics of Waters's "I'm Ready" and "Long-Distance Call," joining Sumlin in a passionate séance that raises the great spirits of '50s Chicago blues. Richards and Sumlin have an insouciant rapport that makes the stark "Still a Fool" and "Little Girl, This Is the End" sound like late-night conversations between lost, lonely hearts. But the real star is Sumlin, whose string sliding, deep tone, dizzy vibrato, acrobatic note bending, and tense, wily phrasing still sound as entirely original and vigorous as they did nearly a half-century ago.

01. I'm Ready - 4:22
02. Still a Fool - 5:22
03. She's Into Something - 3:10
04. Iodine in My Coffee - 5:05
05. Look What You've Done - 3:38
06. Come Home Baby - 4:34
07. Evil - 4:48
08. Long Distance Call - 5:50
09. The Same Thing - 3:49
10. Don't Go No Farther - 3:05
11. I Love the Life I Live, I Live the Life I Love - 3:56
12. Walkin' Thru the Park - 3:27