Husband, Timothy B. - The Art of Illumination

seeders: 0
leechers: 1
Added on February 5, 2013 by Holyterezin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Husband, Timothy B. - The Art of Illumination (Size: 177.97 MB)
 Husband, Timothy B. - The Art of Illumination~The Limbourg Brothers and the Belles Heures of Jean...177.97 MB

Description

Husband, Timothy B. - The Art of Illumination~The Limbourg Brothers and the Belles Heures of Jean de France, Duc de Berry

The fifteenth centruy manuscript, the Belles Heures of Jean de France, Duc de Berry, is the only manuscript with miniatures completed entirely by the famous Limbourg brothers (Herman, Paul, and Jean). Now part of the collection at The Cloisters, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Belles Heures have been studied by many, but no one more extensively than Timothy B. Husband, curator in the Department of Medieval Art and The Cloisters. His analysis discusses the manuscript, the Limbourgs, and the royal patron Jean de France in order to certify its importance in fifteenth-century manuscript illumination. Stunning.

341pp. + full color illus., genealogy, time line, schematic chart of calendar pages, bibliography, index

Remember: IF you don't seed, the torrent dies. And it can't always be brought back to life.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
177.97 MB
seeders:0
leechers:1

All Comments

thank you
Thank you!
OMG Thank you! I saw some miniatures from the Belles Heures in many historical books but a whole book ABOUT it, it's more than WOW! I'm going to download it and then read/watch happily. I so hope the quality is as brillant as ever when you provide your incredible books.
M.
2013-02-05 20:26
I also have an older torrent just about the Limbourg Brothers that much smaller--about 20MB--you can get.