I Am Sam - Soundtrack 320cbr (Big Papi) 2002 The Beatles Cover Songs by Various Artists

seeders: 6
leechers: 0
Added on November 9, 2013 by SirSeedsAlotin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

I Am Sam - Soundtrack 320cbr (Big Papi) 2002 The Beatles Cover Songs by Various Artists (Size: 126.62 MB)
 01 Aimee Mann & Michael Penn - Two of Us.mp38.06 MB
 02 Sarah McLachlan - Blackbird.mp35.4 MB
 03 Rufus Wainwright - Across the Universe.mp39.49 MB
 04 The Wallflowers - I'm Looking Through You.mp36.09 MB
 05 Eddie Vedder - You've Got to Hide Your Love Away.mp34.95 MB
 06 Ben Harper - Strawberry Fields Forever.mp310.19 MB
 07 Sheryl Crow - Mother Nature's Son.mp36.22 MB
 08 Ben Folds - Golden Slumbers.mp33.87 MB
 09 The Vines - I'm Only Sleeping.mp37.1 MB
 10 Stereophonics - Don't Let Me Down.mp39.51 MB
 11 The Black Crowes - Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds.mp38.79 MB
 12 Chocolate Genius - Julia.mp310.51 MB
 13 Heather Nova - We Can Work It Out.mp35.17 MB
 14 Howie Day - Help!.mp38.17 MB
 15 Paul Westerberg - Nowhere Man.mp38 MB
 16 Grandaddy - Revolution.mp36.98 MB
 17 Nick Cave - Let It Be.mp38.07 MB
 Big Papi.nfo4.01 KB
 Cover.jpg32.88 KB
 I am Sam.cue2.64 KB
 I am Sam.log11.69 KB

Description

Source: 2002 CD

By D. Movahedpour
This is one of the best albums of Beatle cover versions I have ever heard, but several of the songs on the album are also the worst I've ever heard. The gems make up for the failures, however. I have never heard a better version of 'Across the Universe', outside of the Beatles original, than the version by the very-talented Rufus Wainwright. Eddie Vedder sings a soulful and unforgettable version of 'You've Got to Hide Your Love Away'. Ben Harper's cover of 'Strawberry Fields Forever' is absolutely beautiful. The husband and wife team of Aimee Mann and Michael Penn bring a fresh charm to 'Two of Us'. Ben Folds' 'Golden Slumbers' is memorable, and Sarah McLachlan is a fine choice for 'Blackbird'.

The first three quarters of this album are fantastic, but there are three versions I find downright unlistenable. Chocolate Genius completely destroys the soul and spirit of 'Julia'. And, although John Lennon originally wanted 'Revolution' to be a slow song, the version by Grandaddy completely misses the point. Nick Cave's version of Let It Be, which finishes off the album, completely spoils the song.

Every other song on the album is either very good or pretty close to a gem. I choose to skip the three songs I couldn't bear to listen to, and enjoy the album for its good points.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
126.62 MB
seeders:6
leechers:0
I Am Sam - Soundtrack 320cbr (Big Papi) 2002 The Beatles Cover Songs by Various Artists