I'll Drink to That: A Life in Style, with a Twist - Betty Halbreich - Audiobook MP3

seeders: 17
leechers: 10
Added on November 18, 2014 by Squiddy82in Books > Audio books
Torrent verified.

I'll Drink to That: A Life in Style, with a Twist - Betty Halbreich - Audiobook MP3 (Size: 238.62 MB)
 00 I'll Drink to That.mp316.47 MB
 01 I'll Drink to That.mp317.67 MB
 02 I'll Drink to That.mp317.79 MB
 03 I'll Drink to That.mp323.67 MB
 04 I'll Drink to That.mp323.32 MB
 05 I'll Drink to That.mp319.69 MB
 06 I'll Drink To That.mp324.69 MB
 07 I'll Drink to That.mp322.59 MB
 08 I'll Drink to That.mp319.18 MB
 09 I'll Drink to That.mp326.15 MB
 10 I'll Drink To That.mp326.41 MB
 11 I'll Drink to That.mp3591.05 KB
 Cover.jpg407.69 KB

Description

MP3 CBR 64k Joint Stereo.

Android users - This will work best with dedicated audiobook reader apps, such as Listen Audiobook Player.

iTunes users - When added to your library, iTunes will classify these MP3 files as music by default. To change to audiobook, browse music library in album view, right-click the album, and select "Get Info" from the context menu. Under [Options,] select [x] Media Kind: Audiobook, [x] Remember position: Yes, [x] Skip when shuffling: Yes. This will allow you to transfer the book to your iOS device while keeping it separate from your music collection. This will also keep your track position when listening in iTunes.

I'll Drink to That: A Life in Style, with a Twist

Written by: Betty Halbreich, Rebecca Paley
Narrated by: Jane Curtin
Length: 8 hrs and 39 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:09-04-14

A classic tale of personal transformation amid a stunning backdrop of old world glamour and current high style, Betty Halbreich moves from a trapped woman to a ferociously independent icon.

Eighty-six-year-old Betty Halbreich is a true original. A tough broad who could have stepped straight out of Stephen Sondheim's repertoire, she has spent nearly 40 years as the legendary personal shopper at Bergdorf Goodman, where she works with socialites, stars, and ordinary women off the street. She has helped many find their true selves through clothes, frank advice, and her own brand of wisdom. She is trusted by the most discriminating persons - including Hollywood's top stylists - to tell them what looks best. But Halbreich's personal transformation from a cosseted young girl to a fearless truth teller is the greatest makeover of her career.

A Chicago native, Halbreich moved to Manhattan at 20 after marrying the dashing Sonny Halbreich, a true character right out of Damon Runyon who liked the nightlife of New York in the '50s. On the surface, they were a great match, but looks can be deceiving; an unfaithful Sonny was emotionally distant while Halbreich became increasingly anguished. After two decades, the fraying marriage finally came undone. Bereft without Sonny and her identity as his wife, she attempted suicide.

Meticulous, impeccable, hardworking, elegant, and - most of all - delightfully funny, Halbreich has never been afraid to tell it to her clients straight. She won't sell something just to sell it. If an outfit or shoe or purse is too expensive, she'll dissuade you from buying it. As Halbreich says, "There are two things nobody wants to face: their closet and their mirror." She helps women do both, every day.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
238.62 MB
seeders:17
leechers:10
I'll Drink to That: A Life in Style, with a Twist - Betty Halbreich - Audiobook MP3