India's new comic 'super hero' Priya, the rape survivor free .pdf

seeders: 16
leechers: 6
Added on December 17, 2014 by mekt.in Books > Comics
Torrent verified.

India's new comic 'super hero' Priya, the rape survivor free .pdf (Size: 9.24 MB)
 India's new comic 'super hero' Priya, the rape survivor free.pdf9.24 MB

Description

A new comic book with a female rape survivor as its "super hero" has been launched to focus attention on the problem of sexual violence in India.

Priya's Shakti, inspired by Hindu mythological tales, tells the story of Priya, a young woman and gang-rape survivor, and Goddess Parvati as they fight against gender crimes in India.

Indian-American filmmaker Ram Devineni, one of its creators, told the BBC the idea for the comic came to him in December 2012 as India erupted in protest against the brutal gang rape and murder of a 23-year-old student on a bus in Delhi.

"I was in Delhi at the time when the protests broke out and I was involved in some of them," he says. "I was talking to a police officer when he said something that I found very surprising. He said 'no good girl walks alone at night.'

"That's where the idea began. I realised that rape and sexual violence in India was a cultural issue, and that it was backed by patriarchy, misogyny and people's perceptions."

Your text to link here...
link to the bbc page with more info.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
9.24 MB
seeders:16
leechers:6
India's new comic 'super hero' Priya, the rape survivor free .pdf