Innkeeper's Son (Harven Legacy #1) by Jeremy Brooks - sam2085

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on October 11, 2013 by sam2085in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Innkeeper's Son (Harven Legacy #1) by Jeremy Brooks - sam2085 (Size: 1.2 MB)
 Harven #1 Innkeeper's Son.jpg118.97 KB
 Harven #1 Innkeeper's Son.mobi1.08 MB
 Harven #2 Blood Lord 03.0 bytes

Description

Innkeeper's Son (The Harven Legacy #1) by Jeremy Brooks

# Innkeeper's Son (Harven Legacy Book #1)
Lady Enaya Relador has found the last Harven. But Siminus Kelmor is not a willing hero. He is the naïve son of an innkeeper, sheltered all of his life from the horrors indigenous to people on the mainland. And he is broken. Just as she has found him, Sim witnesses the brutal murder of his parents at the hands of King Desirmor's son, the feared Blood Lord. To mold him into the champion promised by the prophecy, Enaya will need to forge him as a blacksmith turns a scrap of iron into a sword. Because if he is to fulfill his destiny and put an end to the 1000 year reign of King Desirmor, Sim will need to become a perfectly crafted weapon.

# Review
Sometimes with these self published e-books you come across one and wonder why it was never published as a print edition for a wider audience and for me this was one of those books. I would have to describe this as a classic fantasy and it has all those usual stereotypes: Lost heirs, vague and misleading prophecies, evil wizards (but no dragons yet thankfully - I won't miss them), human like races (both good and bad), sword fights and magic. At 20 Sim is considered an adult in his society. The son on an innkeeper he's desperate to leave the inn and see the wider world but he really has no idea about how sheltered his life has been deliberately kept and the family secrets which will shortly bring change whether he wants it or not. The novel may start of a little slow for some people but it sets the scene of life before everything changes for the characters without massive infodump back-flashes. I thought this novel was well written in a world the author has obviously given some thought to and characters that are both interesting and you want to know more about. This is a long book - the page count on amazon is 776 pages - but despite that I kept coming back to it to see how the story would move along. Although the story starts from Sim's point of view it diverges to other characters as it goes along. For some authors this does not work, but it works in this story and if you are after a classic sword and sorcery fantasy for your e-reader this is worth picking up as I know I've easily read worse in commercially produced books. I'd probably give it 4.5 stars if I had the option. Its an excellent first effort and I'll be picking up the sequel "Blood Lord" when it comes out.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18055147-the-innkeeper-s-son

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.2 MB
seeders:2
leechers:0
Innkeeper's Son (Harven Legacy #1) by Jeremy Brooks - sam2085