Ivan Neville - If My Ancestors Could See Me Now [1988] [EAC/FLAC]

seeders: 8
leechers: 0
Added on June 25, 2014 by dickthespicin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Ivan Neville - If My Ancestors Could See Me Now [1988] [EAC/FLAC] (Size: 274.82 MB)
 06 - Money talks.flac32.7 MB
 01 - Sun.flac30.51 MB
 02 - Primitive Man.flac25.96 MB
 03 - Not Just Another Girl.flac28.44 MB
 04 - Falling Out of Love.flac24.96 MB
 05 - Out in the Streets.flac30.22 MB
 07 - Never Should Have Told Me.flac23.65 MB
 08 - Up To You.flac24.02 MB
 09 - Another Day's Gone By.flac24.3 MB
 10 - After All This Time.flac30.06 MB
 Ivan Neville - If My Ancestors Could See Me Now.log5.2 KB
 Ivan Neville - If My Ancestors Could See Me Now.m3u737 bytes
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.ph.txt46 bytes

Description

FLAC / Lossless / Log 100%/ Cue
Label/Cat#: Iguana Records #571
Year: September 19, 1995
Genre: soul,rock
Format: CD,Album

1. Sun
2. Primitive Man
3. Not Just Another Girl
4. Falling Out Of Love
5. Out In The Streets
6. Money Talks
7. Never Should Have Told Me
8. Up To You
9. Another Day's Gone By
10. After All This Time

If My Ancestors Could See Me Now is a fantastic album by a fantastic musician, Ivan Neville. Ivan is a multi-instrumentalist and the son of the great singer, Aaron Neville. It was released in 1988. I guess you could describe it as two parts funk, one part new wave and one part rock and roll. Toss in a little blues as well. It did well but nothing special, sales wise. It did much better with the critics.

Unfortunately something went bad shortly thereafter. There was a fall out between Ivan and his then label Polydor. Due to that rift you just cannot find this thing any longer. It’s a real collector’s item at this point. Polydor pulling the album killed not only the discs momentum but also that of the artist. He wouldn’t have another release until 1995, a seven year gap. The feud appears to have not stopped either. I’ve seen YouTube postings of songs from the album pulled on a very regular basis. I’ve added a few to the playlist below. What them as soon as you can. Who knows when they’ll be gone? It’s a real shame if you ask me. This is such a killer record.

Luckily for us Ivan didn’t disappear during those seven years. He was busy playing with the likes of Robbie Robertson and of course The Neville Brothers. He also is a member of Keith Richard’s X-Pensive Winos.

“Not Just Another Girl” was the best known song. Next up was “Falling Out of Love.” The first two songs on the disc, “Sun” and “Primitive Man” were my faves. Special mention also for ”’Out In The Streets.”

There are some amazing players on this album. Jeff Porcaro(drums), Steve Jordan (drums, percussion), Jim Keltner (percussion), Danny Kortchmar (sax, keys, guitar), Randy Jackson (bass), Bonnie Raitt and J.D. Souther (backing vocals) and Waddy Wachtel (guitar). Ivan played bass, keyboards and added the vocals. That’s one heck of a line-up.

Ivan Neville, If My Ancestors Could See Me Now peaked at #107 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart. The single, “Not Just Another Girl” peaked at #26 on the Top 100 Singles Chart.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
274.82 MB
seeders:8
leechers:0
Ivan Neville - If My Ancestors Could See Me Now [1988] [EAC/FLAC]