Ivan Turgenev - Sketches from a Hunter's Album (Penguin Classics)

seeders: 70
leechers: 7
Added on June 13, 2014 by coldnorthwindin Books > Fiction
Torrent verified.

Ivan Turgenev - Sketches from a Hunter's Album (Penguin Classics) (Size: 2.2 MB)
 Turgenev, Ivan - Sketches from a Hunter's Album (Penguin, 1990).epub2.02 MB
 Turgenev, Ivan - Sketches from a Hunter's Album (Penguin, 1990).jpg186.34 KB

Description

Ivan Turgenev - Sketches from a Hunter's Album (Penguin Classics, 1990). Translated with Introduction and Notes by Richard Freeborn.

ISBN: 9780140445220 | 416 pages | ePUB

IVAN SERGEYEVICH TURGENEV (1818-1883)
was a Russian novelist, short story writer, and playwright, and the first Russian writer to enjoy an international reputation.

Turgenev's first major prose work, published in 1852, is a series of twenty-five short stories and considered a milestone of Russian realism: the observations and anecdotes of the author during his travels through Russia satisfying his passion for hunting. His album is filled with moving insights into the lives of those he encounters -- peasants and landowners, doctors and bailiffs, neglected wives and bereft mothers -- each providing a glimpse of love, tragedy, courage and loss, and anticipating Turgenev's great later works such as "First Love" and "Fathers and Sons". His depiction of the cruelty and arrogance of the ruling classes was considered subversive and led to his arrest and confinement to his estate, but these sketches opened the minds of contemporary readers to the plight of the peasantry and were even said to have led Tsar Alexander II to abolish serfdom.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
2.2 MB
seeders:70
leechers:7
Ivan Turgenev - Sketches from a Hunter's Album (Penguin Classics)

All Comments

Thanks Coldnorthwind for the books you upload!
In my opinion this is the best short-stories collection.
This was Hemingway's favorite book and it is not difficult to realize that Hemingway’s short stories were affected and modeled on those. Surprisingly, I did not miss the plots (not always is necessary to happen something) but I enjoyed either the nature meditations or the biographical sketches.
I hope, after uploading Pushkin you will continue with other Turgenev’s books (I love ‘Fathers and Sons’) and hope you also will not let out Lermontov.
I've searched for a good copy of Fathers and Sons for ages and never been satisfied. I'll continue to look for it.
Thanks a lot!