Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers (1973 quad mix 24/96 lossless 4.0 DVD-A)

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on November 2, 2013 by UnderMyWheelsin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers (1973 quad mix 24/96 lossless 4.0 DVD-A) (Size: 2.13 GB)
 Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers (front).jpg1.11 MB
 Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers (Back).jpg690.25 KB
 Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers (Label).jpg371.16 KB
 foo_dr.txt1.48 KB
 info.txt1.25 KB
 JEFFERSO.iso2.12 GB

Description

24/96 4.0 lossless MLP (DVD-Audio).

16/48 4.0 AC3 @ 440kbps (DVD-Video) for compatibility with standard DVD players.

Slight noise/crackle filtering applied (Izotope RX 2), no EQ, compression, or rear channel boost.

Converted from quad CD-4 vinyl using an AUDIO TECHNICA AT20SLa CD-4 cartridge / JVC 4DD-5 demodulator.

"'Volunteers' is the band's best studio album. It was also it's last gasp as a group. The Balin/Kantner political anthem 'Volunteers' and it's companion piece, Kantner's 'We Can Be Together', were written and performed at the height of the Vietnam war resistance movement and provided a stirring tribute to the utopian idealism of the late Sixties. A lot of similar sentiments have dated badly since then, but these songs stand, if only for their naive realism and their refusal to despair. The album also includes the definitive version of the apocalyptic 'Wooden Ships', written by Kantner with help from David Crosby and Stephen Stills. Instrumentally, the band was never sharper, with Kaukonen and Casady playing up a firestorm, and Kaukonen's adaption of the traditional 'Good Shepherd' was terrific, a precursor of his best moments in his own band, Hot Tuna." *****

- John Swenson, Rolling Stone

"A puzzler: I've listened many times and cannot make contact. Every time Grace lilts out "Up against the wall, motherfuckers" ( a phrase which has long since lost its currency and dubious usefulness) I want to laugh, and I don't find the instrumental cuts very inspired. Everybody else seems to dig it a lot, and of course it's far from bad, but everybody may be wrong." B

- Robert Christgau, Village Voice

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
2.13 GB
seeders:1
leechers:0

All Comments

Thank you! A great classic.