Jesus Of Nazareth (1977) ‎[Original Soundtrack] {FLAC}

seeders: 1
leechers: 4
Added on July 10, 2016 by Nazarenein Music
Torrent verified.

Jesus Of Nazareth (1977) ‎[Original Soundtrack] {FLAC} (Size: 253.54 MB)
 10. Maurice Jarre – Crucifixion.flac28.59 MB
 03. Maurice Jarre – Three Kings.flac21.92 MB
 07. Maurice Jarre – Salome.flac21.7 MB
 02. Maurice Jarre – Annunciation.flac17.12 MB
 08. Maurice Jarre – The Beatitudes.flac16.39 MB
 04. Maurice Jarre – Baptism.flac15.23 MB
 06. Maurice Jarre – Jerusalem.flac15.1 MB
 01. Maurice Jarre – Jesus Of Nazareth.flac13.2 MB
 09. Maurice Jarre – Miracle Of The Fish.flac12.05 MB
 05. Maurice Jarre – Jairus' Daughter.flac10.33 MB
 11. Maurice Jarre – Resurrection.flac9.29 MB
 Maurice Jarre - Jesus Of Nazareth.log5.46 KB
 Jesus Of Nazareth.cue1.97 KB
 Maurice Jarre - Jesus Of Nazareth.m3u431 bytes
 Front004.jpg13.88 MB
 front003.jpg13.72 MB
 Front002.jpg12.18 MB
 front005.jpg11.31 MB
 front001.jpg8.16 MB
 back001.jpg5.27 MB
 back002.jpg4.48 MB
 cd001.jpg3.62 MB

Description

By A Customer - Published on Amazon

I saw the mini-series "Jesus of Nazareth" when it first appeared on network TV in 1977 and thought it was a wonderful portrayal of the gospel story. I remember being impressed with the music even then. Yet it was only this year (2003) that I learned of the existence of a soundtrack CD. I quickly ordered one from Amazon

The music on this CD is a great selection from the film. It nicely captures the various moods that flow through the story. Most of the major themes are represented on the CD in some form. For most buyers, that will be enough. Nevertheless, because the CD contains only 40 minutes of music from a mini-series that is six hours long, those familiar with the music may want to know a little more about what's included and what's left off. I'll try to help by commenting briefly on the various tracks and the scenes from the film where that music is heard.

Track 1 - Jesus of Nazareth - contains the music played during the opening credits. The music reaches the point in the film where the credits finish and the opening scene begins in Nazareth with the rabbi reading "In the hour when the king, Messiah, comes...."
Track 2 - The Annunciation - contains a combination of music from two scenes: Joseph's dream and Mary's night vision of the unseen angel (in that order). Both sections sound more complete here than in the film. In particular, Mary's vision music is fully presented and is very beautiful.
Track 3 - The Three Kings - is from the scene where the "kings from different lands" converge on Bethlehem and meet each other as they follow the star. The music is complete without segue or interruption.
Track 4 - Baptism - begins with the scene, immediately after the death of Joseph, where John the Baptist is baptizing people in the Jordan River right before Jesus's arrival. The music then segues to something I haven't been able to identify. It may be a portion that was edited out of the film or a segue to a different scene.
Track 5 - Jairus Daughter - is the complete music heard when Jesus raises Jairus's daughter from the dead. No segues or interruptions.
Track 6 - Jerusalem - This track begins with music from one of the times when Jesus was teaching in the temple in Jerusalem ("Many desired to hear what you hear and did not hear it..."). It then segues to the scene where Mary Magdalene interrupts the feast at Simon's house to anoint Jesus's feet.
Track 7 - Salome - contains themes from two different scenes. The first is where Herod Antipas watches Salome while Herodias complains to him about being harassed by the crowds and then about the excessive attention he shows to Salome. The second theme is from Salome's dance.
Track 8 - Beatitudes - This track presents Robert Powell's voice as Jesus reciting the beatitudes at the sermon on the mount. It sounds the same as in the film with the same background music.
Track 9 - Miracle of the Fish - begins at the scene in Galilee where a skeptical Peter first meets Jesus and invites him to "preach to the fish." It continues without segue or interruption to the point where the fisherman get their huge catch.
Track 10 - Crucifixion - begins with the music that accompanied Jesus's walk to the cross and continues with the various themes that played while he was on the cross. ("He saved others. Why can't he save himself now?", "Eli, Eli....", and the Isaiah quotes by Nicodemus.)
Track 11 - Resurrection - This is the one track I would describe as disappointing. It contains none of the music from the scenes of Jesus's resurrection. Instead, you first hear the music that played as Jesus re-entered Pilate's presence after being flogged. (There seem to be minor flaws in the sound at this point, at least on my CD.) The track then segues to some of the music that played during Lazarus's resurrection and finally jumps to the tail end of the film's closing credits.
In summary, despite the mild disappointment of track 11, I am very happy to have finally found a soundtrack of this inspiring music. I recommend it to everyone who watched and enjoyed "Jesus of Nazareth."

★* ،• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •

MARANATHA!!!

By Stephanos Ben Yisay

This film first impacted me during my kindergarten years and impacted me again as an adult back in 1999(after which I'd rededicated myself to the Christian faith). Robert Powell's portrayal of the Lord Jesus in this production brought the pages of the Gospel to life in my home, and since purchasing the soundtrack, that same life travels with me and makes my driving experience a more meditative one(Jesus Is AWESOME!!!). I gave the soundtrack a 5, altough it excluded music from some of my favorite scenes(ie, the Lord's Supper, the Garden Of Gethsemane, and Jesus' Resurrection/Promise To Peter & John)The JON Sdtk is truly a work of art and a gift from God. Dedicated JON fans will also want to get a hold of Vincenzo Labella's A.D.(the sequel to Jesus of Nazareth). It's a 9 hour production that starts where Jesus Of Nazareth left off and continues on through to the persecution of the Church under Nero. Peace & Blessings.

★* ،• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •

Relive the Movie through the Music!

7kitty7 | Texas |
(5 out of 5 stars)

"If you love "Jesus of Nazareth" the movie, you will absolutely love this soundtrack.

This has been my favorite movie ever since I first saw it in 1977! Since then I have watched this movie every Easter. Listening to this beautifully performed collection of music helps me relive the movie whenever I listen to it. This music is brilliant, inspirational, and very moving. The music was masterfully woven into every scene of the movie to create the perfect mood throughout the entire film.

I especially enjoyed reading the fold-out insert that included background information on the movie and music. After reading this, I was determined to learn even more about the making of the movie. My curiosity was finally satisfied when I found a copy of "Franco Zeffirelli's Jesus: A Spiritual Diary" by Franco Zeffirelli right here at Amazon! In this book, Zeffirelli takes you with him on his personal journey toward releasing this masterpiece film just in time for Easter 1977. What a treasure for anyone who truly appreciates this movie! I enjoy listening to this wonderful soundtrack CD as I read the book. I highly recommend the soundtrack and the book!"

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
253.54 MB
seeders:1
leechers:4
Jesus Of Nazareth (1977) ‎[Original Soundtrack] {FLAC}