Jimmy Rushing Livin The Blues(jazz blues)(mp3@320)[rogercc][h33t]

seeders: 27
leechers: 18
Added on February 8, 2013 by rogerccin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Jimmy Rushing Livin The Blues(jazz blues)(mp3@320)[rogercc][h33t] (Size: 84.3 MB)
 01 - Jimmy Rushing - Sent For You Yesterday (Here You Come Today).mp39.68 MB
 02 - Jimmy Rushing - Bad Loser.mp39.94 MB
 03 - Jimmy Rushing - Sonny Boy Blues.mp310.95 MB
 04 - Jimmy Rushing - We Remember Prez.mp311.32 MB
 05 - Jimmy Rushing - Cryin' Blues.mp310.71 MB
 06 - Jimmy Rushing - Take Me Back Baby.mp314.24 MB
 07 - Jimmy Rushing - Tell Me I'm Not Too Late.mp317.45 MB
 Front.jpg10.44 KB

Description

Jimmy Rushing Livin The Blues
Recorded :1968
Label: Bluesway
Format :Mp3@320

Jimmy Rushing enjoyed great success in applying the blues to jazz rhythms and in doing so he had the best those two genres could offer, soul and swing. On this 1968 session, one of the last recordings he made for the Blues Way label, he is joined by a combination of Count Basie alumni (with whom he enjoyed perhaps his greatest success), Dave Frishberg, and other jazz musicians who do not quite raise to the level of the former two groups. The play list is dotted with tunes that were part of the basic Rushing repertoire including his classic "Sent for You Yesterday (And Here You Come Today)." The list also includes two pieces by Connie Rushing. Basie trombonist Dicky Wells gets in some good drawn-out licks here. Similarly on the almost pure blues, another former Basie-ite, Buddy Tate, gets a couple of prolonged, mournful choruses. Not everything is down-in-the-dumps material. Wells' "We Remember Prez" gets a thorough workout featuring Frishberg's earthy piano, Bobby Bushnell's fender bass, Buddy Tate's honking tenor, and Wells again as Rushing sits this one out. Despite that this was one of the last recordings Rushing made before his death, he was still in the top of his form and could shout the blues with the best of them.[ Dave Nathan ]

Tracklist :
1. Sent For You Yesterday (Here You Come Today) 4:13
2. Bad Looser 4:20
3. Sonny Boy Blues 4:46
4. We Remember Prez 4:56
5. Cryin' Blues 4:40
6. Take Me Back Baby 6:13
7. Tell me I'm Not Too Late 7:37

Personnel:
Bob Bushnell Bass Electric
Drums – Joe Marshall Drums
Hugh McCracken Guitar