John Mayall - 1969 - The Turning Point (2001 Expanded Remaster) [mp3@320] (FIXED)

seeders: 7
leechers: 3
Added on June 10, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

John Mayall - 1969 - The Turning Point (2001 Expanded Remaster) [mp3@320] (FIXED) (Size: 157.76 MB)
 01 - The Laws Must Change.mp317.03 MB
 02 - Saw Mill Gulch Road.mp310.85 MB
 03 - I'm Gonna Fight For You J.B..mp312.68 MB
 04 - So Hard To Share.mp316.39 MB
 05 - California.mp321.96 MB
 06 - Thoughts About Roxanne.mp319.28 MB
 07 - Room To Move.mp311.77 MB
 08 - Sleeping By Her Side.mp312 MB
 09 - Don't Waste My Time.mp311.42 MB
 10 - Can't Sleep This Night.mp314.67 MB
 John Mayall - 1969 - The Turning Point (2001 Expanded Remaster) [mp3@320].txt5.8 KB
 Play - John Mayall - The Turning Point.m3u298 bytes
 Back.jpg400.59 KB
 Booklet 01.jpg1.21 MB
 Booklet 02.jpg1.29 MB
 Booklet 03.jpg1.3 MB
 Booklet 04.jpg1.19 MB
 Booklet 05.jpg1.4 MB
 Booklet 06.jpg1 MB
 CD.jpg236.15 KB
 Front.jpg1.7 MB
 John Mayall - The Turning Point.log4.78 KB

Description

Recently I accidentally uploaded this torrent at the wrong bit rate. It is encoded at 64kbps rather than the 320kbps it should be.
If you downloaded it, you may want to replace it with this one.
I'm really sorry for this inconvenience.
Thanks for your understanding and continued support.

-Miok-

Ripped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy.
Art & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

John Mayall - 1969 - The Turning Point

(2001 Expanded Remaster) [mp3@320]

John Mayall

John Mayall in 1970

Wikipedia:
John Mayall, (born 29 November 1933) is an English blues singer, guitarist, organist and songwriter, whose musical career spans over fifty years. In the 1960s, he was the founder of John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers, a band which has counted among its members some of the most famous blues and blues rock musicians. They include Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Jack Bruce, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Mick Taylor, Don "Sugarcane" Harris, Harvey Mandel, Larry Taylor, Aynsley Dunbar, Hughie Flint, Jon Hiseman, Dick Heckstall-Smith, Andy Fraser, Johnny Almond, Walter Trout, Coco Montoya and Buddy Whittington.
In November 2008, Mayall announced on his website he was disbanding the Bluesbreakers, to cut back on his heavy workload and give himself freedom to work with other musicians. Three months later a solo world tour was announced, with: Rocky Athas on guitar, Greg Rzab on bass, and Jay Davenport on drums. Tom Canning, on organ, joined the band for the tour which started in March 2009. An album was released in September 2009. Since then, Mayall has continued to tour with the same backing band, minus Canning, who left due to other priorities.

The Turning Point (2001 Expanded Remaster)

Artist: John Mayall
Title: The Turning Point
Format: CD, Album, Reissue, Expanded, Remastered
Producer: John Mayall
Reissue Producer: Bill Levenson
Remastered And Additional Material Mixed By: Suha Gur
Release Date: 1969, (October 30, 2001)
Recorded: July 12, 1969 at the Fillmore East, New York City, New York
Label: Polydor Records
Catalog: 314 549 423-2
Barcode: 7 31454 94232 4
ASIN: B00005R8FI
Genre: Blues, British Blues, Harmonica Blues, Blues Rock
Duration: 63:44

Wikipedia:
The Turning Point is a live album by John Mayall, featuring British blues music recorded at a concert at Bill Graham's Fillmore East on 12 July 1969. When John Mayall was starting another band after the break-up of the Bluesbreakers in May 1969, he decided to have a band that would play "low volume music" – or music without "heavy lead guitar and drums". The performers on the album were Mayall on vocals, harmonica, a slide and a Fender Telecaster guitar, a tambourine, and mouth percussion, Jon Mark on acoustic guitar, Steve Thompson on bass, and Johnny Almond on tenor and alto saxophones, flutes, and mouth percussion. All the songs on the album were written or co-written by John Mayall. Thompson co-wrote California, Thoughts About Roxanne and Don't Waste My Time. Another track, "I'm Gonna Fight For You, J.B.," is a tribute to the American blues guitarist J. B. Lenoir who died in 1967 and who had a deep influence on Mayall (this was Mayall's second such tribute to the musician; "The Death of J.B. Lenoir" appeared on his earlier Crusade album). Two concerts took place, on 11 and 12 July. All tracks are from the second gig. The album was produced by John Mayall, who also designed the packaging and was the album's art director. The recording engineer was Eddie Kramer, who had engineered Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin, among others.

amazon.com:
This 1969 live recording at the Fillmore East was not just a turning point in Mayall's music but also in his career, becoming his first gold album and his most successful release. A heavy lead-guitar sound was abandoned for an intimate setup of acoustic and slide guitars, bass, sax, flute and percussion. Includes three unissued bonus performances from that night.

AllMusic Review by Lindsay Planer:
This prophetically titled project represents yet another crossroad in John Mayall's ever evolving cast of prime British bluesmen. This album also signifies a distinct departure from the decibel-drowning electrified offerings of his previous efforts, providing instead an exceedingly more folk- and roots-based confab. The specific lineup featured here is conspicuous in its absence of a lead guitarist, primarily due to Mayall recommending himself out of his most recent string man. After the passing of Brian Jones, the Rolling Stones decided to tour and at the behest of Mick Jagger, Mayall suggested Mick Taylor -- who had been with him since Crusade (1967). Mayall gave this potentially negative situation a positive outcome by retooling the combo into an acoustic quartet featuring old friends as well as some vital new sonic textures. Mayall (vocals/harmonica/slide guitar/telecaster six-string/hand & mouth percussion) joined forces with former associates Steve Thompson (bass) and Johnny Almond (tenor & alto sax/flute/mouth percussion), then added the talents of Jon Mark (acoustic finger-style guitar). It becomes readily apparent that Mark's precision and tasteful improvisational skills place this incarnation into heady spaces. The taut interaction and wafting solos punctuating "So Hard to Share" exemplify the controlled intensity of Mayall's prior electrified outings. Likewise, Mark's intricate acoustics pierce through the growl of Mayall's haunting slide guitar solos on "Saw Mill Gulch Road." The Turning Point also examines a shift in Mayall's writing. The politically charged "Laws Must Change," the personal "I'm Gonna Fight for You J.B." and the incomparable "Room to Move" are tinged with Mayall's trademark sense of irony and aural imagery.

01. The Laws Must Change 7:22
02. Saw Mill Gulch Road 4:48
03. I'm Gonna Fight for you J.B. 5:24
04. So Hard to Share 6:57
05. California 9:31
06. Thoughts About Roxanne 8:21
07. Room to Move 4:57
08. Sleeping By Her Side (Bonus Track) 5:10
09. Don't Waste My Time (Bonus Track) 4:54
10. Can't Sleep This Night (Bonus Track) 6:19

Personnel :

John Mayall - Vocals, Harmonica, Slide Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Tambourine, Mouth Percussion
Jon Mark - Acoustic Finger-Style Guitar
Johnny Almond - Tenor Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Flutes, Mouth Percussion
Steve Thompson - Bass Guitar

Note:
This is not my rip
My thanks to the original uploader

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
157.76 MB
seeders:7
leechers:3
John Mayall - 1969 - The Turning Point (2001 Expanded Remaster) [mp3@320] (FIXED)