John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers - 2004 - The Turning Point Soundtrack (2CD) [EAC FLAC]

seeders: 1
leechers: 2
Added on June 10, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers - 2004 - The Turning Point Soundtrack (2CD) [EAC FLAC] (Size: 711.15 MB)
 John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers - 2004 - The Turning Point Soundtrack (2CD) [EAC FLAC].txt4.68 KB
 Back.jpg1.93 MB
 Booklet 01.jpg3.03 MB
 Booklet 02.jpg2.94 MB
 Booklet 03.jpg3.13 MB
 Booklet 04.jpg2.97 MB
 CD1.jpg914.09 KB
 CD2.jpg927.69 KB
 Front.jpg1.4 MB
 tray.jpg1.28 MB
 [John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers] The Turning Point Soundtrack (CD 1).cue3.79 KB
 John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers - The Turning Point Soundtrack (CD 1).log2.25 KB
 01 - Parchman Farm.flac14.03 MB
 02 - Don't waste my time.flac32.39 MB
 03 - Sleeping By Her Side.flac41.28 MB
 04 - room to move.flac42.82 MB
 05 - Saw Mill Gulch Road.flac35.07 MB
 06 - Can´t Sleep This Night.flac32.71 MB
 07 - Thoughts About Roxanne.flac45.35 MB
 08 - I'm Gonna Fight For You JB.flac28.12 MB
 09 - I´m Gonna Fight For You JB.flac28.33 MB
 10 - California.flac63.22 MB
 [John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers] The Turning Point Soundtrack (CD 2).cue2.81 KB
 John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers - The Turning Point Soundtrack (CD 2).log2.03 KB
 01 - Can't Sleep This Night.flac39.7 MB
 02 - So Hard To Share.flac50.21 MB
 03 - Don't Waste My Time.flac30.13 MB
 04 - I'm Gonna Fight For You Jb.flac26.99 MB
 05 - The Laws Must Change.flac49.23 MB
 06 - California (1).flac60.87 MB
 07 - California (2).flac72.21 MB

Description

imageRipped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy. image
Art, cue sheet & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers - 2004

The Turning Point Soundtrack (2CD) [EAC FLAC]

John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers

Wikipedia:
John Mayall, (born 29 November 1933) is an English blues singer, guitarist, organist and songwriter, whose musical career spans over fifty years. In the 1960s, he was the founder of John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers, a band which has counted among its members some of the most famous blues and blues rock musicians. They include Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Jack Bruce, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Mick Taylor, Don "Sugarcane" Harris, Harvey Mandel, Larry Taylor, Aynsley Dunbar, Hughie Flint, Jon Hiseman, Dick Heckstall-Smith, Andy Fraser, Johnny Almond, Walter Trout, Coco Montoya and Buddy Whittington.
In November 2008, Mayall announced on his website he was disbanding the Bluesbreakers, to cut back on his heavy workload and give himself freedom to work with other musicians. Three months later a solo world tour was announced, with: Rocky Athas on guitar, Greg Rzab on bass, and Jay Davenport on drums. Tom Canning, on organ, joined the band for the tour which started in March 2009. An album was released in September 2009. Since then, Mayall has continued to tour with the same backing band, minus Canning, who left due to other priorities.

The Turning Point Soundtrack

Artist: John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers
Title: The Turning Point Soundtrack (Released as "Live 1969" outside of the US)
Format: 2 × CD, Album, Compilation
Release Date: June 29, 2004
Label: Eagle Records
Catalog: ER-20045-2
Barcode: 826992004525
Genre: Blues, British Blues, Harmonica Blues, Blues Rock
Duration: 2:07:51

AllMusic Review by Thom Jurek:
What a strange artifact this is. The music on this two-CD collection reflects the soundtrack to the first ever "rockumentary," made by British filmmakers Pete Gibson and Alex Hooper about John Mayall's complete about-face in 1969, on the tour that showed him transitioning from his grand electric blues bands that featured superstar guitarists like Eric Clapton, Peter Green, and Mick Taylor -- as well as bassist John McVie -- to a band of then-relative unknowns who played the blues (largely) acoustically, while exploring extended improvisation like a chamber jazz group. The band, with Jon Mark on acoustic guitars, Mayall on harmonica, vocals, and acoustic guitar, Johnny Almond on flute and saxophones, electric bassist Steve Thompson, and no drummer, turned the entire notion of blues-based rock on its head. Disc one offers a teaser of Mayall's Blues from Laurel Canyon version of the Bluesbreakers in the final moments of wailing through "Parchman Farm" from a May 9, 1969 gig in Birmingham. Mayall was no stranger to the raw power of the electric blues with thundering guitars. At a little over two minutes, it serves as a jump-off point; it's the context of how utterly strange and inside-out his new approach was -- and how quick the band changed over. The first few tracks showcasing the new unit were recorded on June 13 of the same year in Plymouth. There is a stunning version of "Room to Move" from this date with a wondrous harmonica solo by Mayall. The chamber jazz feel seems to have been directed by the Jimmy Giuffre 3's recording of "The Same River Twice," with its careful attention to rounded edges, space, and dynamic. The set picks up four days later with killer guitar and some electric slide work on "Saw Mill Gulch Road" and "Can't Sleep This Night," as well as the love song "Thoughts About Roxanne" and a pair of versions of "I'm Gonna Fight for You J.B." from different gigs on the tour. Disc two showcases some of the same tracks and moves along with the tour, offering different versions of songs on disc one as well as a pair of killer reads of "California" and a steaming take on "The Laws Must Change." Sound quality is decent in stereo, but since these tracks were never meant for release it's remarkable they survived at all. If only Eagle had seen fit to release this as a triple package with a DVD of the film, it would have been unbeatable. As it stands, it's a terrific addition to the Mayall catalog from a particularly fruitful and even revolutionary period.

CD1:

01 - Parchman Farm - 2:16
02 - Don't Waste My Time - 5:26
03 - Sleeping By Her Side - 8:22
04 - Room To Move - 7:28
05 - Saw Mill Gulch Road - 6:38
06 - Can't Sleep This Night - 6:05
07 - Thoughts About Roxanne - 8:19
08 - I'm Gonna Fight For You JB (Locarno Hull '69) - 5:31
09 - I'm Gonna Fight For You JB (York University '69) - 5:57
10 - California - 12:41

CD2:

01 - Can't Sleep this Night - 7:17
02 - So Hard To Share - 8:39
03 - Don't Waste My Time - 4:47
04 - I'm Gonna Fight For you JB - 5:16
05 - The Laws Must Change - 8:43
06 - California (1) - 11:00
07 - California (2) - 13:26

Note:
This is not my rip
My thanks to the original uploader

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
711.15 MB
seeders:1
leechers:2
John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers - 2004 - The Turning Point Soundtrack (2CD) [EAC FLAC]