[Jonny_Gorden]Lightwave 3D 8 Cartoon Character Creation, Volume 2 Rigging & Animation(pdf){Zzzzz}

seeders: 7
leechers: 5
Added on October 1, 2014 by zombie_roxin Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

[Jonny_Gorden]Lightwave 3D 8 Cartoon Character Creation, Volume 2 Rigging & Animation(pdf){Zzzzz} (Size: 44.81 MB)
 [Jonny_Gorden]Lightwave 3D 8 Cartoon Character Creation, Volume 2 Rigging &...44.81 MB

Description

Quality rigging and animation preparation is vital for creating characters that can truly act and make an audience believe they are live, emotive beings. LightWave 3D [8] Cartoon Character Creation - Volume 2: Rigging & Animation includes both general theory and comprehensive tutorials for every aspect of rigging and animating 3D characters. Learn how, why, and when to use the most efficient techniques so you can have fun animating your own fantastic 3D characters. Learn all about rigging characters, including weight mapping, bone creation, IK, and deformations; discover advanced rigging techniques, including expressions, FK/IK blending, quadruped rigging, and more; find out how to use the animation controls and animate using inverse kinematics; explore the intricacies of facial animation, including morphs, facial expressions, lip sync, and advanced morph controls; learn how to use dynamics for secondary body motion and clothing.

Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning (October 31, 2004)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1556222548
ISBN-13: 978-1556222542

Editorial Reviews
From the Publisher
Don’t miss Volume 1: Modeling & Texturing

About the Author
Jonny Gorden has been a professional animator since 1990 and is considered one of the industry’s leading character designers. In 1997 Jonny formed the production company Zero Gravity Entertainment, which created X-Men: The Ravages of Apocalypse, one of the first 3D games to exclusively use LightWave 3D. Through Zero Gravity Entertainment, Jonny continues to produce 3D animation for clients around the globe and develop new and exciting techniques for character animation.

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

Hands Down...The Character Rigging Book
By William Vaughan on September 13, 2005

Until I read this book Rigging was always a challenge and something I avoided. This book clearly explains not only the buttons to click but the basic concepts needed for anyone that wants to rig. Then when you have mastered the basics he walks you thru complex, power, but easy to setup rigging setups.

As an Instructor I recommend this book not only to my students but also to high end studios. Jonny has written the "Rigging Bible" in my honest opinion.

I hope we see more from this talented artist!

Great basic experience
By Karin Eder on July 4, 2011

I have volumes one and two of Lightwave 3D 8 Cartoon Character Creation. Although it's a bit out-of-date (Lightwave is currently in version 10), it provides great knowledge of the basics of character creation. Rigging (well) is the key to good character animation, and often a hassle.
With this book you'll learn more about the logics of how the program works; and it's great for newbies and experts - I don't consider myself an expert but I've been working with animation for over 10 years; and this book has provided me with techiques I hadn't developed properly and are really useful and time-saving.
Also, the book is very well written so it flows lightly - you learn and get entertained.

You have got to get this book...
By Carlo Jongen on November 1, 2007

I'm a Lightwave user for about 3 years now, I did a lot of 3D stuff but never any boned character animation. Just had trouble getting trough the process of rigging ( like every other beginning 3D artist ).

I bought the Volume 1 and 2 en really took the time of reading it word by word. Underlining the most important things so i'll be able to use these books as a quick reference guide. Sometimes I just forget things and then I like to quickly return to my books for help ;-)

I know that a lot of you prefer some training DVD's above reading because it takes some time to get trough these books... But believe me, they are worth it. They get you trough the basics and then take you up to the next level. The CD that comes with this book also helps a great deal. You can go and analyse the settings of the examples.

I recommend this book to anyone who's thinking about character animation, even if you haven't got any knowledge of rigging. You have got to get this book...

The Best Lightwave Resource on Rigging, Bar None
By Sensitive Male Indie-Rock Fan on April 13, 2008

This is far and away the best book available on Lightwave rigging. Gorden is the only author to thoroughly address the relationship between weight maps, bones and the polygonal structure of the model and how they must be combined to create a working 3D character. I consider this book absolutely essential for anyone looking to do any kind of character animation in Lightwave.

Great job Jonny!
By Ronald Watson on June 24, 2011

I'm currently using LW 9.6 and this book is great. Jonny does a great job explaining the techniques and guiding you through the animation process. Well done.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
44.81 MB
seeders:7
leechers:5
[Jonny_Gorden]Lightwave 3D 8 Cartoon Character Creation, Volume 2 Rigging & Animation(pdf){Zzzzz}