Julie Dexter Discography Project.TheDadDyMan

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on October 10, 2008 by in Music
Torrent verified.

Julie Dexter Discography Project.TheDadDyMan (Size: 311.14 MB)
 01 - Julie Dexter - Ketch a Vibe.mp36.8 MB
 02 - Julie Dexter - Burning.mp35.21 MB
 03 - Julie Dexter - Peace of Mind.mp36.54 MB
 04 - Julie Dexter - Sweet Melodies.mp35.72 MB
 05 - Julie Dexter - Sweet Dub.mp31.49 MB
 06 - Julie Dexter - What Do I Do.mp34.69 MB
 07 - Julie Dexter - Peace of Mind (Reprise).mp32.93 MB
 70507107862.jpg21.01 KB
 AlbumArtSmall.jpg2.25 KB
 AlbumArt_{6486BB7A-4B25-46EC-8DA8-0829BD7D1058}_Large.jpg8.29 KB
 01 - Julie Dexter - Intro.mp31.08 MB
 02 - Julie Dexter - Ketch A Vibe.mp36.81 MB
 03 - Julie Dexter - Love.mp34.38 MB
 04 - Julie Dexter - Faith.mp36.79 MB
 05 - Julie Dexter - How Can You Feel.mp36.3 MB
 06 - Julie Dexter - God Bless The Dub.mp33.44 MB
 07 - Julie Dexter - What Do I Do.mp34.72 MB
 08 - Julie Dexter - Thats Livin.mp36.33 MB
 09 - Julie Dexter - Walk With Me.mp36.5 MB
 10 - Julie Dexter - I Dream.mp36.57 MB
 01 - Julie Dexter - Choices.mp36.79 MB
 02 - Julie Dexter - Like Ours.mp37.26 MB
 03 - Julie Dexter - Look who's got ya Back.mp37.03 MB
 04 - Julie Dexter - A Place for us.mp38.44 MB
 05 - Julie Dexter - Show me Now.mp36.84 MB
 06 - Julie Dexter - Rhythm Daughter.mp39.83 MB
 07 - Julie Dexter - Julie Dexter - Conscious.mp312.9 MB
 08 - Julie Dexter - Small World.mp38.39 MB
 09 - Julie Dexter - I see Colors.mp37.95 MB
 10 - Julie Dexter - The Race.mp37.49 MB
 00 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Fooled By A Smile - (12dome 213) - Vinyl - 2006.m3u295 bytes
 00 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Fooled By A Smile - (12dome 213) - Vinyl - 2006.nfo2.15 KB
 00 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Fooled By A Smile - (12dome 213) - Vinyl - 2006.sfv1.63 KB
 01 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Fooled By A Smile (Incognito Remix).mp38.45 MB
 02 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Fooled By A Smile (Incognito Instrumental).mp38.79 MB
 03 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Fooled By A Smile.mp36.63 MB
 04 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - The Dove (Jiva Remix).mp39.81 MB
 00 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Moon Bossa - 2006.m3u780 bytes
 00 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Moon Bossa - 2006.nfo1.48 KB
 00 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Moon Bossa - 2006.sfv920 bytes
 01 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Moon Bossa.mp33.64 MB
 02 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - My Baby Dont Love Me.mp35.28 MB
 03 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Salt Sea.mp33.18 MB
 04 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Venusian.mp36.69 MB
 05 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - The Dove.mp34.86 MB
 06 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Sea And Sky.mp33.45 MB
 07 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Promises.mp35.73 MB
 JD.txt13.1 KB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.com.txt47 bytes

Description

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is a difficult artist to describe. Her music is both soul and jazz, yet it is neither. It has elements of trip-hop and break beat, but never stops there. There's even some reggae elements every now and then, but none of these exclusively define Julie Dexter.
All the files here range from standard to blazing high quality mp3 files. 320vbr albums were converted via dbPowerAMP from LOSSLESS sources using the Alt Preset Extreme Setting. The sources of the albums include bittorrent, emule+, soulseek, DC++ (and my personal collection) and have all been checked and double-checked for consistency (i.e. they are all whole albums as opposed to the kazaa gathering method), and none seem to be lossy to lossy transcodes. All Folders have been labelled with as much info as possible, and the shows them off, so you know exactly what you're downloading when you decide to.
Mini Bio:

Born and raised in Birmingham, England of Jamaican parents, Julie Dexter is a world-renowned singer / songwriter who has won numerous international awards. A classically trained musician who writes, arranges, composes and produces, Julie is considered by many to be one of the most important female vocalists of her generation. Deeply influenced by legends such as Abbey Lincoln, Nancy Wilson and Bob Marley, as well as popular icons such as Omar and Sade, Julie takes classic soul to the heart of artistry.
Julie Dexter's myriad musical manifestations have astounded fans and critics across the globe. Over the past seven years Julie's career has taken her through the circles of jazz, broken-beat, bossa-nova, and soul. The dynamic voice of Julie Dexter was first heard in 1997 on Dune Records' release of J-Life, a UK group formed by Gary Crosby and led by Jason Yarde, that sought to invigorate the public concept of Jazz as a dying tradition. While this debut recording showcased original instrumental compositions and stirring renditions of jazz standards, it also contained a swinging cover of Loose Ends' hit song "Gonna Make You Mine," which amply featured the soulful croon of Julie Dexter. Julie gained her chops for cutting her vocals on this record by touring several continents with jazz wunderkind Courtney Pine as a lead vocalist of his ensemble. This musical school of tough-love learning would also give her the confidence to begin to perform and record as a solo artist, garnering the seven song EP, Peace of Mind (2000) and then later the full-length recording, Dexterity (2002), both of which were independently released on her own label, Ketch A Vibe. These two recordings gained international acclaim for Julie's talents in addition to her collaborations with broken-beat innovator IG Culture ("The Plan" & "Free As") and bossa nova composer Thomas Naim ("Like Ours").
For the past seven years Julie Dexter has spent the millenium sharing the stage with this generation's cutting-edge soul artists, including Jill Scott, Bilal, Amel Larrieux, Donnie, Omar, Loose Ends, Jaguar Wright, Rachelle Ferrell, Ledisi, Frank Mccoomb, Eric Roberson, Raheem DeVaughn and Fertile Ground, to name a few. While Julie Dexter is more than able to hold up against her peers, her music has also been praised by them. In time the world will hold Julie Dexter in the same regards as those stellar artists who regard her well.

Having collaborated with some of the world's premier producers including Jazzanova ("Burning"--Tate's Place Re-mix), IG Culture ("The Plan"), and DJ Skitz ("Be"), Julie is considered a musical prodigy among music tastemaker's throughout the world. Although Julie has taken top-prize at the European Jazz Festival for her skills as a jazz-vocalist, her music defies categorization. Julie's musical pallette includes, soul, drum n' bass, reggae, jazz, and funk. In fact, her upcoming release, "Dexterity," will feature 5 different drummers and has been described as a cross bewteen Led-Zeppelin and Roberta Flack.
Born and raised in Birmingham, England of Jamaican parents, Julie Dexter represents the future of British Soul Music. As the lead vocalist for one of the most critically acclaimed young jazz groups in the world, J-Life, Dexter has stunned crowds on every continent with her vocal mastery. Now this shy British diva is stepping out as a solo artist to give the world her own unique brand of music.
01 - Julie Dexter - Ketch a Vibe.mp3
02 - Julie Dexter - Burning.mp3
03 - Julie Dexter - Peace of Mind.mp3
04 - Julie Dexter - Sweet Melodies.mp3
05 - Julie Dexter - Sweet Dub.mp3
06 - Julie Dexter - What Do I Do.mp3
07 - Julie Dexter - Peace of Mind (Reprise).mp3
70507107862.jpg

Julie Dexter’s latest creative gem and first full album is entitled, "Dexterity." Infusing the fundamental elements of soul, reggae and classical jazz, "Dexterity" is a heartfelt journey towards a musical destination that is both sublime and accessible.
01 - Julie Dexter - Intro.mp3
02 - Julie Dexter - Ketch A Vibe.mp3
03 - Julie Dexter - Love.mp3
04 - Julie Dexter - Faith.mp3
05 - Julie Dexter - How Can You Feel.mp3
06 - Julie Dexter - God Bless The Dub.mp3
07 - Julie Dexter - What Do I Do.mp3
08 - Julie Dexter - Thats Livin.mp3
09 - Julie Dexter - Walk With Me.mp3
10 - Julie Dexter - I Dream.mp3
11 - Julie Dexter - Judgement Day.mp3
12 - Julie Dexter - How Long.mp3
13 - Julie Dexter - Moving On.mp3
14 - Julie Dexter - Walk Reprise.mp3
jd.jpg
Julie Dexter - Dexterity.m3u

Conscious is the long awaited follow up to Julie Dexter’s Peace of Mind and Dexterity which combined have sold over 40,000 copies in their limited release. A dynamic singer/songwriter /composer and producer hailing from Birmingham, England, Julie’s artistic passions flow in her latest effort, an insight to her muse on love, trust, and the plight of perseverance. Blending the signature brand of meditative funk and soul from label mate Michael Johnson with her jazzy reggae vocal stylings, together they have produced Conscious. Deeply influenced by legends such as Abbey Lincoln, Billie Holiday and Nancy Wilson, as well as popular icons such as Omar and Sade, Julie takes classic soul to the heart of artistry. Julie Dexter's artistic passion flows through her latest recording, Conscious, which reflects upon what she perceives as the highest principle of life. While consciousness provides us with our perception of the world and our relationship to it, Conscious conveys Julie's insightful musings on love, trust, and the plight of perserverance. Within this disc Julie addresses the superficial limits of "life", trancending its biological definition by acknowledging its spiritual essence. "Its not enough for us to walk the earth day by day without questioning our purpose for being." Julie asserts, furthermore, that as human beings our blood keeps us alive, yet it is through consciousness that we thrive. As such she compels us in the disc's title track to re-evaluate ourselves as she rhetorically asks, "How you're living?." Julie Dexter's myriad musical manifestations have astounded fans and critics across the globe.
01 - Julie Dexter - Choices.mp3
02 - Julie Dexter - Like Ours.mp3
03 - Julie Dexter - Look who's got ya Back.mp3
04 - Julie Dexter - A Place for us.mp3
05 - Julie Dexter - Show me Now.mp3
06 - Julie Dexter - Rhythm Daughter.mp3
07 - Julie Dexter - Julie Dexter - Conscious.mp3
08 - Julie Dexter - Small World.mp3
09 - Julie Dexter - I see Colors.mp3
10 - Julie Dexter - The Race.mp3
11 - Julie Dexter - Rain Song.mp3
C.CD.jpg
C.Front-BackCover.jpg
C.InLay.jpg
C.LinerNotes001.jpg
C.LinerNotes002.jpg
Julie Dexter - Conscious.m3u
A wonderful, bossa-inflected jazzy soul surprise from UK-bred/Atlanta-based diva Julie Dexter and ATL-fellow Khari Simmons of Jiva -- an effervescent batch of tunes that meld the best modern soul styles of both artists with a mutual affection for bossa rhythms! The duo pulls off the blend with what feels like an effortless grace -- Julie’s vocals are light, soulful and often quite jazzy in way which expands nicely on her previous work -- with a backdrop of bass, Rhodes and B3, Moog, occasional horns and percussion. Nice!
00 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Fooled By A Smile - (12dome 213) - Vinyl - 2006.m3u
00 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Fooled By A Smile - (12dome 213) - Vinyl - 2006.nfo
00 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Fooled By A Smile - (12dome 213) - Vinyl - 2006.sfv
01 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Fooled By A Smile (Incognito Remix).mp3
02 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Fooled By A Smile (Incognito Instrumental).mp3
03 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Fooled By A Smile.mp3
04 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - The Dove (Jiva Remix).mp3

Julie Dexter - Born and Brought Up in Birmingham, England is Now Living in Atlanta is One-time Featured Vocalist with Courtney Pine’s Group, and Received Three Well Solo Independent Albums to her Name. Khari Simmons - Bass Player with India Arie Since 2001 Still Tours and Records with Dexter. Simmons is the Leader of his Own Acclaimed Soul/Jazz Group Jiva, and also a Resident of Atlanta. They Are Working Together for the First Time on a Very Special Album "Moon Bossa." An Album Very Much in Khari’s Preferred Musical Style – Soul Bossa - a Style Featured on Classic Albums by the Likes of the Soul Bossa Trio, Sergio Mendes and George Duke, to which He Adds a Personal Touch by Mixing it with Modern Soul and Dance Music. He Describes it as "a Homage to Various Styles of Bossa Nova" from the Simplicity of Vocal and Guitar to a Mix of Soul and Hip-hop.
00 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Moon Bossa - 2006.m3u
00 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Moon Bossa - 2006.nfo
00 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Moon Bossa - 2006.sfv
01 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Moon Bossa.mp3
02 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - My Baby Dont Love Me.mp3
03 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Salt Sea.mp3
04 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Venusian.mp3
05 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - The Dove.mp3
06 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Sea And Sky.mp3
07 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Promises.mp3
08 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - What Do I Do.mp3
09 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Fooled By A Smile.mp3
10 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Wave (Feat Alex Lattimore).mp3
11 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Venusian (Aquariana Remix).mp3
12 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - The Dove (Jiva Remix).mp3
13 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Fooled By A Smile (Incognito Remix).mp3
14 - Julie Dexter And Khari Simmons - Moon Bossa (Piano Outro).mp3
Tracker: http://www.demonoid.com
 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++| Total Size.......: 311MB || File Formats.....: mp3, jpeg || Uploaded By......: TheDadDyMan+SupaSoJa || Homes............: All Over da Freaking Net | ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Download, SHARE and Enjoy!

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
311.14 MB
seeders:2
leechers:0
Julie Dexter Discography Project.TheDadDyMan