Kath Bloom - Pass Through Here [2015] [WEB/FLAC]

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on April 30, 2015 by DitchesPickin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Kath Bloom - Pass Through Here [2015] [WEB/FLAC] (Size: 208.26 MB)
 10. I'm Giving It Some Thought.flac24.6 MB
 09. Brand new.flac21.07 MB
 11. Odyssey.flac15.42 MB
 12. Bye Bye.flac15.68 MB
 folder.jpg105.04 KB
 Torrent downloaded from demonoid.pw.txt46 bytes
 08. Pacify Me.flac17.78 MB
 07. Let the Music Come.flac12.41 MB
 03. Discovery.flac20.06 MB
 02. Bubble Bath.flac12.66 MB
 04. I'm Getting Close to You.flac15.97 MB
 05. Pass Through Here.flac21.91 MB
 06. Shirt off Song.flac12.37 MB
 01. Criminal Side.flac18.24 MB

Description

FLAC / Lossless / Log (100%) / Cue
Label/Cat#:Chapter Music
Year: February 9, 2015
Genre: folk
Format:CD

1. Criminal Side (3:14)
2. Bubble Bath (2:57)
3. Discovery (3:36)
4. I'm Getting Close to You (2:46)
5. Pass Through Here (3:57)
6. Shirt off Song (2:15)
7. Let the Music Come (2:15)
8. Pacify Me (3:11)
9. Brand New (3:56)
10. I'm Giving It Some Thought (4:23)
11. Odyssey (2:53)
12. Bye Bye (3:02)

Pass Through Here marks singer and songwriter Kath Bloom's return to Chapter Music. The label released her 2005 set Finally and 2008's Terror. They also reissued four of six albums she recorded with Loren Mazzacane Connors during the late '70s and early '80s, and the various-artists comp Loving Takes This Course: A Tribute to the Songs of Kath Bloom. This is her first full-length since 2010's The Thin Line. Pass Through Here is striking in contrast to the rest of her catalog. Bloom took her music from Connecticut to the West Coast for this date and was aided by a cast of younger musicians led by guitarist/engineer Jeff Hassay and drummer/backing vocalist Levi Strom. While the instrumentation and sonic textures that frame her iconic warble are different, the power in her lyrics, melodies, and idiosyncratic guitar playing remains dead center. Hassay also weaves expertly placed synthesizers through many of these tunes. They paint the margins, underscore basic instrumentation, and never intrude. The use of several alternate backing vocalists is arranged uniquely track by track. "Criminal Side" is a perfect example and a true set highlight. The meld of strummed acoustic guitar, beautifully woven slide, and brushed drums is appended by wordless three-part male and female harmonies. They frame what is simultaneously an angry political song and a paean to personal responsibility. The brief "Discovery," with its own wordless vocal, features Bloom's wailing harmonica, a recurring synth line, Hassay's electric guitar, and clipped tom-toms. It foreshadows the psych-folk in "I'm Getting Close to You," whose group interplay echoes that found on David Crosby's If I Could Only Remember My Name. The title track, with its minor-key strummed acoustic, is perhaps the most straightforward tune here, but its luscious expansive harmonies add melodic support to the conviction in Bloom's gorgeous lyric. "Brand New" and "Shirt Off Song" use basic country and folk melodies, but are subtly turned and shape-shifted with soft, textured instrumental touches. The vocal on "Bye Bye" feels like it hovers above its mix. The slide electric guitar, fingerpicked acoustic, and Bloom's harmonica paint a backdrop for her poignant lyric, which goes beyond the first person in its spiritual and emotional implications. The basic melody adds depth and weight to Bloom's soulful from-the-margins point of view. While Pass Through Here is a continuation of the long sojourn Bloom has been on for the last four decades, it also marks a new beginning, one fraught with as much musical possibility as hard-won, hard-lived wisdom.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
208.26 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0