Kayser - Read Your Enemy (2014) [Gorgatz]

seeders: 12
leechers: 4
Added on February 10, 2014 by Gorgatzin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Kayser - Read Your Enemy (2014) [Gorgatz] (Size: 94.58 MB)
 12. The Fake Rose.mp310.7 MB
 06. Almost Home.mp310.4 MB
 09. Forever In Doubts.mp39.09 MB
 07. Where I Belong.mp39.05 MB
 02. Bring Out The Clown.mp38.44 MB
 03. I'll Deny You.mp38 MB
 10. Carve The Stone.mp37.44 MB
 11. Roll The Dice.mp37.42 MB
 05. Read Your Enemy.mp37 MB
 04. Dreams Bent Clockwise.mp36.6 MB
 01. Bark And Bow.mp35.03 MB
 08. He Knows Your Secrets.mp34.76 MB
 Cover.jpg659.57 KB

Description

Kayser - Read Your Enemy (2014) [Gorgatz]

- I N F O -

Sweden, good old Sweden, that country has provided a hell of a lot of fine Death, Power and Heavy Metal, indeed Sweden has been very kind to us Metalheads, however one genre Sweden has never been too famous for is Thrash Metal. There is one band however that's hoping to change that, formed in 2004 KAYSER have been building momentum, this being their 3rd full length album. The band takes a very interesting approach to their Thrash, rather than going back to the Punk infused roots of the genre from the 80s, KAYSER adopted a more melodic, slightly slower and less aggressive version of the genre, and it works very well.

That version of the genre is also evident by the length of songs, no overly complicated compositions here, in fact only one song even crosses the 5 minute mark, and that's actually a good thing. It gives the album a far better and smoother flow. Just listen to "Bring Out The Clown", clocking in at under 2 and a half minutes, it's very representative of the record, fast, but not overly fast, well executed, straight and to the point. "I'll Deny You" is a real is a real gem, while slightly reminiscent of MEGADETH of the mid 90s, it's a very catchy song and despite its 90s feel, keeps a modern edge. As I mentioned before, the album has its melodic moments as well, and while the entire album includes a more melodic feel that what you usually encounter in modern era Thrash Metal album, songs like "Where I Belong" really highlight it. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and original Thrash Metal albums I've heard in a while.

Not original in the sense that this hasn't been done before, but more in the sense that this hasn't been done recently, a lot of bands in recent years have given up on the more melodic side of Thrash Metal, and frankly, I'm happy KAYSER haven't forgotten that the genre wasn't always about pure aggression.

KAYSER, the Swedish band featuring former SPIRITUAL BEGGARS frontman Spice and ex-THE MUSHROOM RIVER BAND drummer Bob Ruben, will release its new album, "Read Your Enemy", in early 2014 via Listenable Records.

Says band: "Incorporating the fundementals of rock and metal with vivid musicianship, KAYSER bring you 'Read Your Enemy'.

"With a track listing of songs that have always been there but you would not find anywhere else, the album boasts organic stamina and confidence. With superior riffing and catchiness a mass appeal is to expect.

"The neck-breaker title track, 'Read Your Enemy', originated from Swaney [guitar] as a double-stomp, classic palm muted heavy riffer. The chorus riff with its time change was added together with Jokke [guitar] to display contrast to the main riff. A sign of opposites which is commonly ubiquitous in KAYSER's song writing. The playful trade-off solos seal the songwriting marksmanship. Lyrically, Spice takes on humanity's ever lasting stupidity when diving into religious and ideological fundamentalism."

Discussion regarding Sweden’s Kayser should begin with the song “Evolution,” which appears on the band’s most recent studio album, 2006’s Frame the World…Hang It On the Wall. A blunt groove rocker if there ever was one, not only does the song have an intoxicating verse, but the indomitable vocals of Spice, which are the focal point, and rightfully so – the dude can sing his ass off. Granted, one song does not a career make, yet “Evolution” is too good of a rocker to not mention. (And we’ll have to query the band as to why it took so long for a follow-up.)

Nearly eight years after the fact, Kayser return with Read Your Enemy, their first for France’s Listenable Records. Thrash, its various mutations, is the core of the band’s sound. Even if there’s not a proliferation of d-beat(ing) going on, the riffs and arrangements cross into less extreme Euro thrash territory. Maybe like a less feral Hatesphere, but with a different-styled singer. Alas, Spice (who was the first vocalist for Michael Amott’s Spiritual Beggars) remains an enthralling entity. Possessing something along the lines of a melodic Araya bark (such a thing does exist), Spice can usually carry any song to the finish line, and he does here, specifically the coarse “I’ll Deny You,” pounding title track, and crunchy “He Knows Your Secrets.”

This type of immediate, vocal-dominated thrash/groove metal is in short supply, thus necessitating the existence of a band like Kayser. ‘Tis a shame they’re not bigger, but Read Your Enemy is a winner, if only to experience the wily Euro cackle of Spice, who should be considered one of thrash’s best singers.

- T R A C K L I S T -

01. Bark And Bow
02. Bring Out The Clown
03. I'll Deny You
04. Dreams Bent Clockwise
05. Read Your Enemy
06. Almost Home
07. Where I Belong
08. He Knows Your Secrets
09. Forever In Doubts
10. Carve The Stone
11. Roll The Dice