Keith Jarrett - Standards Vol. II (1986) DVD

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on April 21, 2015 by fleckaumin Movies > Concerts
Torrent verified.

Keith Jarrett - Standards Vol. II (1986) DVD (Size: 7.53 GB)
 DVD_VIDEO.dvdid.xml69 bytes
 VTS_01_3.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_4.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_5.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_7.vob656.05 MB
 VTS_01_6.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_2.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_0.vob148 KB
 VIDEO_TS.ifo20 KB
 VIDEO_TS.bup20 KB
 VIDEO_TS.vob905.4 MB

Description

Recorded live at Koselnekin Hall, Tokyo, on February 15, 1985, this dazzling concert teams up one of the most significant pianists of the last forty years with Gary Peacock and Jack DeJohnette for an unforgettable celebration of music. Tracks: I Wish I Knew, If I Should Lose You, Late Lament, Rider, It's Easy to Remember, So Tender, Prism, Stella by Starlight, God Bless the Child, Delaunay's Dilemma.

With musicians of the caliber of pianist Keith Jarrett, bassist Gary Peacock, and drummer Jack DeJohnette, this 10-song, 105-minute performance, recorded in Tokyo in 1985, could hardly be less than outstanding. But two numbers--"Rider" and the Billie Holiday classic "God Bless the Child"--are positively transcendent. Both are reminiscent of the music Jarrett made with his so-called "Nordic quartet" on the brilliant '70s albums Belonging and My Song; gospel-based, powerful--funky, even--with wonderful solos by all three musicians, they have an element rarely found in Jarrett's music–-i.e., fun–-and are themselves worth the price of admission. Not that the other stuff isn't good, too; it is, even with the usual distractions of Jarrett's physical conniptions, his annoying tendency to hum or sing along with his playing, and so on. All in all, a good show, with "Rider" and "God Bless the Child" satisfying the search for the sublime. --Sam Graham

DVD 2 recorded live in Tokyo, October 26, 1986 at Hitomi Memorial Hall.

Video sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QTf8Yjn7Hk

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
7.53 GB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Keith Jarrett - Standards Vol. II (1986) DVD