Letters to my torturer_ Houshang Asadi.mobi

seeders: 7
leechers: 1
Added on May 24, 2014 by Sagarrrrrr619in Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Letters to my torturer_ Houshang Asadi.mobi (Size: 561.8 KB)
 letters_to_my_torturer.mobi561.8 KB

Description

Publisher: Oneworld Publications; 1 edition (June 1, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1851687505
ISBN-13: 978-1851687503

Prominent Iranian journalist and political activist Houshang Asadi was used to being arrested. This time, however, was different. Little did he know in 1983 that he would spend the next six years being brutally, mindlessly tortured by those he supported. “Brother Hamid”, Asadi’s torturer, stopped at nothing to extract his “confessions”. Asadi was a spy for Russia, for Britain, for anyone or anything. Hamid became an ambassador; Asadi a fugitive, haunted by nightmares and persisting pain. His feet lashed till lame, he was grilled until he could no longer answer a simple question. In these letters, discover how, through his accidental friendship with Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei, a fellow cellmate under the regime, Asadi was saved from execution – and confronts his torturer one last time. In 1983, Houshang Asadi was imprisoned in Tehran. Under torture, he said he was a spy. Many of his friends also confessed and were executed. He was released after six years. Today he lives in Paris with his wife, Nooshabeh Amiri. They write for the Iranian news website Rooz Online

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
561.8 KB
seeders:7
leechers:1
Letters to my torturer_ Houshang Asadi.mobi