Lighthouse _ The Dark Being

seeders: 2
leechers: 1
Added on June 1, 2011 by PsychoDad149in Games > PC
Torrent verified.

Lighthouse _ The Dark Being (Size: 1.11 GB)
 Lighthouse.CD1.iso581.86 MB
 Lighthouse.CD2.iso534.22 MB
 lighthouse_english_install_20080919.msi14.31 MB
 Lighthouse_-_Players_Handbook.pdf2.61 MB
 Lighthouse_-_Manual.pdf1.68 MB
 Lighthouse2Patch(LITEPT2A).zip1.59 MB
 LighthouseWalkthrough.html48.17 KB
 Lighthouse2Patch(LITE2FIX).zip22.78 KB
 lighthouse.txt2.93 KB
 Sierra's Lighthouse Help Page.txt205 bytes

Description

IMPORTANT BULLETIN
Comcast says I have to go dark for a while, so if you can't find this torrent seeding, leave me a message and I'll put it back up for you.

Lighthouse -- The Dark Being
A Sierra Adventure Game
A very dark, atmospheric, and immersive graphic adventure from Sierra's glory days! Originally released for Windows 95, installer included for XP/Vista/7 installation (and links to instructions for use.) I've got this mounted with Daemon Tools Lite, running on 64bit W7 and it is fine; just use this installer, not the original.
From Wikipedia:
"The Player starts the game in their new cottage on the Oregon coast. According to the Players diary, he...is a struggling writer who has just moved in, and recently met his eccentric next door neighbor, Dr. Jeremiah Krick, and his daughter Amanda, who live in a nearby lighthouse. Glancing out of the window, he sees the lighthouse struck by lightning .... On the Player's answering machine, Dr. Krick has left a frantic message begging the player to come over to his house and watch Amanda.
Upon arriving at Dr. Krick's house, the player discovers the front door locked, darkness inside, and silence... the player ends up on a rocky beach in a parallel world. Krick's notes on this make reference to the real physical concept of Godel's universe.
As the player explores 6 different locations in the parallel world, the goal becomes clear. He must build an "Ionizing Cannon," whose 7 pieces are scattered between the different locations. Then, the player must use this cannon to capture the Dark Being, and save Dr. Krick and Amanda."
This was also one of the most difficult games of the genre ever created. Sierra, in fact, released a patch (included in this torrent) which made some of the puzzles easier. Aside from that, this was one of my favorite games ever, and I'm glad to have found it again and to share it.
Important -- this is a game to be played at night with the lights turned low!
Contents of this torrent:
Lighthouse, The Dark Being, CD 1 & 2
Original Sierra game manual
Original Sierra player's manual
Walkthrough (3rd party)
Lighthouse2 Patch(LITE2FIX)
Lighthouse2Patch(LITEPT2A):
Win XP/7 Installer
Text doc with link to Sierra's help page and notes.
This (slightly expanded) document.
+++UPDATE+++
Looks like either the CD itself or the installer incorporates at least one ofthe patches, including the one that easies up some puzzles. You will find an option to highlight the cursor in the main menu, a red light on some control panels to help you operate certain devices in the right position, and a help/hint screen in the main menu, although it doesn't seem to have a whole lotta help. This game also has a very good entry in UHS (Universal Hint System), available online.
So far I've (re-) discovered only one "total loss" scenario, unlike a lot of Sierra's earlier games where you could easily die a dozen times in each screen, or get right to the end and discover you had missed some important item right at the beginning. I think it is possible to get hopelessly stranded in one of several places -- I deliberately got myself to an area where I had no way to get away again, but I got no message to that effect....dunno....

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.11 GB
seeders:2
leechers:1
Lighthouse _ The Dark Being

Trailer

Screenshots

Lighthouse _ The Dark Being screenshot

All Comments

Thank you very much!!! Good ol' memories :-)