Little Milton - 2006 - Stax Profiles: Little Milton [mp3@320]

seeders: 2
leechers: 1
Added on March 30, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Little Milton - 2006 - Stax Profiles: Little Milton [mp3@320] (Size: 164.86 MB)
 Back.jpg240.01 KB
 Booklet 01.jpg454.23 KB
 Booklet 02.jpg182.14 KB
 Booklet 03.jpg391.89 KB
 CD.jpg100.36 KB
 Front.jpg149.87 KB
 sleeve back.jpg176.62 KB
 Sleeve Front.jpg125.95 KB
 Little Milton - Stax Profiles.log5.92 KB
 01 - Let Me Down Easy.mp313.09 MB
 02 - I Can't Quit You Baby.mp318.03 MB
 03 - That's What Love Will Make You Do.mp39.08 MB
 04 - Walkin' the Back Streets and Crying.mp311.84 MB
 05 - Blind Man.mp319.72 MB
 06 - The Thrill Is Gone.mp314.77 MB
 07 - If That Ain't a Reason (For Your Woman to Leave You).mp38.06 MB
 08 - Behind closed doors.mp39.38 MB
 09 - If You Talk in Your Sleep.mp37.87 MB
 10 - Tin Pan Alley.mp39.07 MB

Description

Ripped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy.
Art & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Little Milton

2006 - Stax Profiles: Little Milton [mp3@320]

Little Milton

Wikipedia:
James Milton Campbell, Jr. (September 7, 1934 – August 4, 2005), better known as Little Milton, was an American blues singer and guitarist, best known for his hit records "Grits Ain't Groceries," "Walking the Back Streets and Crying," and "We're Gonna Make It."

Stax Profiles: Little Milton

Artist: Little Milton
Title: Stax Profiles: Little Milton
Producers: Milton Campbell, Henry Bush, Don Davis, Al Jackson, Jr, Ronald Shannon Jackson, Bobby Manuel
Release Date: April 25, 2006
Label: Stax
Catalog: STXCD-8618-2
ASIN: B000ERU8GU
Genre: Blues, Electric Blues, Soul Blues
Duration: 70:10

Amazon .com Review:
The blues world lost one of its most soulful singers (and underrated guitarists) when Milton Campbell died in summer 2005. Colleague and admirer B.B. King chose these cuts: the hits That's What Love Will Make You Do; Behind Closed Doors; Tin Pan Alley , and If You Talk in Your Sleep plus live tracks and more.

AllMusic Review by Steve Leggett:
Although Little Milton (Milton Campbell) is chiefly remembered for his fine Chess Records sides from the '60s, his stay at Stax Records in the early '70s saw him expand his palette with horns and strings in a more soul-oriented direction, and in many ways it was his most creative period. He never strayed too far from the blues, particularly as a guitarist, but his Stax sides increasingly showcased his amazingly expressive singing, and his intense vocals on the best of these tracks is nothing short of redemptive. This generous single-disc overview of Milton's Stax years (it comes in at a little over 70 minutes in length) has a little bit of everything, from live tracks featuring his precision guitar skills to fully arranged sessions with horns and strings that spotlight his voice. The opener, a live take of "Let Me Down Easy" from the 1973 Montreux Jazz Festival featuring the odd, driving drum skills of Calep Emphrey, is an emotional tour de force and is easily one of the most powerful tracks here, with Milton singing like a desperate, displaced angel. Another live cut, a version of Willie Dixon's "I Can't Quit You Baby" recorded at the Summit Club in Los Angeles in 1972, showcases Milton's lead guitar work, which is reminiscent of B.B. King but with a larger and more raw tone. Highlighting the studio tracks are the impressive "Walkin' the Back Streets and Crying" from 1972 and the loose, garage-feel of 1971's delightful "I'm Living off the Love You Give," which edges into Motown territory with its romping rhythm, backing chorus, and efficient use of both horns and a string section. Another clear highpoint here is Milton's 1973 take on Roy Hawkins' (by way of B.B. King) "The Thrill Is Gone," which is simply an ominous, desperate gem with an eerie string chart played by the Memphis Symphony. Little Milton's Chess years still contain his most clearly defined work, but as he stretched out a bit with Stax, Milton revealed that his guitar and vocal skills weren't just restricted to blues pieces. That he didn't have more commercial success with Stax is a bit of a mystery.

01. Let Me Down Easy 05:38 (live)
02. I Can't Quit You Baby 07:47 (live)
03. That's What Love Will Make You Do 03:53
04. Walkin' the Back Streets and Crying 05:05
05. Blind Man 08:32 (live)
06. The Thrill Is Gone 06:22
07. If That Ain't a Reason (For Your Woman to Leave You) 03:26
08. Behind Closed Doors 04:01
09. If You Talk in Your Sleep 03:21 (Long Version)
10. Tin Pan Alley 03:53 (Long Version)
11. I'm Living off the Love You Give 02:52
12. Blue Monday 05:46
13. Lovin' Stick 02:52
14. Little Bluebird 06:34

Credits:

Joe Campbell - Trumpet
Milton Campbell - Guitar, Vocals
Calep Emphrey - Drums
Willie Hall - Drums
Jerry Hayes - Guitar
Al Jackson, Jr. - Drums
Little Milton - Vocals
Bobby Manuel - Guitar
The Memphis Horns - Horn
The Memphis Symphony Orchestra - Strings
John Polk - Sax (Tenor)
Wayne Preston - Sax (Tenor)
Lester Snell - Keyboards
Big Joe Turner - Guitar (Bass)
Herbie Williams - Sax (Tenor)

Note:
This is not my rip.
My thanks to the original uploader (whoever that may be).

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
164.86 MB
seeders:2
leechers:1
Little Milton - 2006 - Stax Profiles: Little Milton [mp3@320]