Little Sammy Davis (BLUES) - [1995] I Aint Lyin' (FLAC)

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on June 25, 2015 by homelighterin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Little Sammy Davis (BLUES) - [1995] I Aint Lyin' (FLAC) (Size: 309.1 MB)
 01 - I Ain't Lyin'.flac23.03 MB
 02 - Daniel.flac21.17 MB
 03 - Sammy's Shuffle.flac15.31 MB
 04 - Shorty.flac18.62 MB
 05 - That's My Girl.flac20.47 MB
 06 - Someday.flac23.37 MB
 07 - Devil's Trail.flac16.38 MB
 08 - When I Leave.flac20.89 MB
 09 - Bad Luck Blues.flac14.67 MB
 10 - Somebody's Fool.flac11.44 MB
 11 - Hey Little Girl.flac24.49 MB
 12 - California Blues.flac31.02 MB
 13 - 'I-man' Stomp.flac30.02 MB
 14 - Play Me For A Fool.flac22.97 MB
 album notes.txt3.27 KB
 Front.jpg152.46 KB
 Little Sammy Davis - [1995] I Aint Lyin' (FLAC).cue2.07 KB
 Little Sammy Davis - [1995] I Aint Lyin' (FLAC).m3u1021 bytes
 Little Sammy Davis - I Ain't Lyin'.log13.33 KB
 Little Sammy's Business Card.jpg1.27 MB
 1. front.jpg1.9 MB
 2. Folder.jpg3.94 MB
 3. Booklet pg. 1-2.jpg2.08 MB
 4. Booklet pg. 3.jpg822.88 KB
 5. Booklet pg. 4.jpg1.89 MB
 6. Back.jpg1.95 MB
 Little Sammy's Business Card.jpg1.27 MB

Description

Little Sammy Davis - I Ain't Lyin' (FLAC)

Release Date: October 3, 1995
Recording Date: May 26, 1993 & November 10, 1994

Review by Bill Dahl:
From out of nowhere came Little Sam Davis with this sterling set, making it clear that at least a few blues harpists of post-war vintage are still roaming around out there, just waiting to be rediscovered. Backed by a sharp rhythm section, Davis shows that he's been keeping his ear to the ground over the decades. His harp mastery and enthusiastic vocals are equally arresting.

Artist Biography by Bill Dahl:
I Ain't Lyin' No, he never hung out with the Rat Pack on the martini-stained Vegas strip, and it's highly doubtful that he honors requests for "The Candy Man." This Little Sammy Davis is a veteran harp blower with a discography dating back to 1952 and a fine '90s debut album on Delmark, I Ain't Lyin'. Where's he been all these years? Poughkeepsie, NY, of course.
Davis learned his way around a harmonica at age eight. He eventually exited Mississippi for Florida, where he worked in the orange groves and met immaculate guitarist Earl Hooker. Davis cut four sides in 1952 for Henry Stone's Rockin' label in Miami as Little Sam Davis (with Hooker providing classy accompaniment) that comprised the bulk of his discography until many years later. He visited Chicago in 1953, hanging out with harp genius Little Walter, Jimmy Reed, and Muddy Waters. But Davis rambled on, eventually settling in Poughkeepsie.

Other than a 45 for Pete Lowry's Trix logo, things were pretty quiet for the hero until 1995, when he joined forces with guitarist Fred Scribner and got back into playing. He became a favorite guest of popular New York morning radio personality Don Imus, had his own band and an album on the shelves, and hopefully, nobody mistook him for another diminutively proportioned entertainer by the same name.

Track List:
1. I Ain't Lyin'
2. Daniel
3. Sammy's Shuffle
4. Shorty
5. That's My Girl
6. Someday
7. Devils' Trail
8. When I Leave
9. Bad Luck Blues
10. Somebody's Fool
11. Hey Little Girl
12. California Blues
13. I-Man "Stomp"
14. Play Me for a Fool

Lineup:
Little Sammy Davis - Vocals, harmonica
Fred Scribner - Guitar
Tom Hunter - Piano
Brad Lee Sexton - Bass
Brad Scribner - Drums

Personal Note:
I had the pleasure of attending many of Little Sammy's shows in New York's Hudson Valley area during the mid 1990's to early 2000's. The Chance in Poughkeepsie, Crossroads in Montgomery and Old Erie in Middletown were venues he was regularly booked. He, Fred Scribner and band belted out their originals and took requests along the way. I would shout out requests for my favorite Sonny Boy, Snooky Pryor, Jimmy Reed (etc.) songs which he would gleefully play sometimes with a wink and a smile at me. There was no stumping him OR his band.

As one such show was closing at the Old Erie I went off to the lou to relieve a few pints of Samuel Adams lager, my buddy happened to run into him back of the pub where the parking lot was. Knowing I was a fan he thought it would be nice to get an autograph for me, Little Sammy humbly signed one of his business cards and charged him $2 for it LOL.

Last I heard Little Sammy is now in a nursing home in Middletown after a series of strokes. He no longer performs.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
309.1 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Little Sammy Davis (BLUES) - [1995] I Aint Lyin' (FLAC)