LONDON POSSE - MONEY MAD.mp33.13 MB
 London Posse - My Beatbox Reggae Style.mp34.43 MB
 London Posse - Pass The Rizla (uk hip hop).mp31.24 MB
 London Posse - Style (nextmen remix).mp33.29 MB
 London Posse - Supermodel (rare).mp34.14 MB
 LONDON POSSE Here Comes The Rugged One.mp36.48 MB
 URBAN UK - London Posse (Rodney P & Skitz, Skinnyman & Wildf).mp36.44 MB

Description

Sipho (R.I.P) was a friend of mine these guys were about the only credible Brit rappers in the late 80's and the 90's. No fake American accent, just pure London cockney and slang. I always liked them......So here is what I have of them. Enjoy

The group was formed by Sipho the Human Beatbox, and consisted of Sipho, Rodney P, Bionic and DJ Biznizz.[4] Sipho had gained the attention of Mick Jones (formerly of The Clash) through his performance in the 1985 documentary Electrorock,[5] and had subsequently performed on Big Audio Dynamite's track "C'Mon Every Beatbox" from the album "No. 10, Upping St.".[6] The group formed for the 1986 Big Audio Dynamite tour of the United States and Europe, as Sipho had been asked to tour and wanted the others to tour with him. Rodney P (then known as MC Rodie Rok) was two weeks into a YTS course when he joined the group and Bionic was performing as a reggae MC, although Rodney and Bionic already knew each other through mutual acquaintances and through attending Jerry Dammers's Artist Against Apartheid gigs in Covent Garden.[7] As well as this, Sipho and Bionic had already been performing together – they had featured on the Irish TV show "Megamix" in 1986 as a duo.[8] Also supporting on the tour were Schoolly D and DJ Code Money.

When the group first formed, it did not have a name, but while playing in New York City, they were constantly referred to as the "London Posse" because of their hometown, and the name stuck. While out in New York, they were present at the filming of the Boogie Down Productions video for The Bridge Is Over.[7] On their return to the UK, they released the single London Posse (Big Life, 1987), produced by Tim Westwood, which detailed their experiences. The single peaked at number eleven on the UK Independent Chart, staying in the chart for eleven weeks.[4] The b-side, "My Beatbox Reggae Style", was Sipho beatboxing and Bionic rapping, with scratches from Biznizz. This was the first UK track to consist solely of a beatboxer providing the backing.[7] The group also appeared in Tim Westwood's 1987 BBC documentary "Bad Meaning Good", a look at UK Hip Hop culture featuring London Posse, The Cookie Crew, MC Crazy Noddy and DJ Fingers, and others. After the first single, Sipho and Biznizz officially left the group – Sipho to work with Derek B, and Biznizz to work on Tim Westwood's radio show (although Biznizz continued to work with the group as a DJ and produce some of the group's later tracks)

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
36.07 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
London posse