Lynyrd Skynyrd - Greese In The Fryin' Pan & Old Grey Whistle Test '75

seeders: 3
leechers: 0
Added on July 23, 2012 by SomeLikeItHotin Music
Torrent verified.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Greese In The Fryin' Pan & Old Grey Whistle Test '75 (Size: 172.78 MB)
 Lynyrd Skynyrd - Greese In The Fryin' Pan & Old Grey Whistle Test '75.rar172.78 MB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.me.txt46 bytes

Description

Ronnie Van Zant and Gene Odom with Lynyrd Skynyrd Band in 1977

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Greese In The Fryin' Pan & OGWT '75 (Bootlegs)

Artist: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Album: Greese In The Fryin' Pan
& Old Grey Whistle Test '75
Genre: Rock, Southern Rock
Audio Format: MP3
Bit Rate: 320 KB/s
Bit Rate Mode: Constant
Writing Library: LAME3.96r
Recorded: 1973/1975
Total Runtime: 1:16:05
File Size: 182 MB

Line-Up

Ronnie Van Zant - Lead Vocals
Ed King - Lead & Rhythm Guitars, Backing Vocals
Allen Collins - Lead & Rhythm Guitars
Gary Rossington - Guitars
Leon Wilkeson - Bass, Backing Vocals
Bob Burns - Drums
Billy Powell - Keyboards

Greese In The Fryin' Pan, Memphis Tennessee October 30, 1973
WMC-FM radio show released on tape before the official release on "Collectybles" (2000)
Released on vinyl as "100% Proof Blues"

Tracklist

01 I Ain't the One 3:59
02 Call Me the Breeze 5:48
03 Sweet Home Alabama 4:56
04 Woman of Mine 6:34
05 Workin' for MCA 5:07
06 Free Bird 10:35

U.K. Old Grey Whistle Test, BBC Shepherd Bush Studios November 11, 1975
Excerpts broadcasted on TV before the official release as DVD with the "Gimme Back My Bullets" Deluxe Edition

Tracklist

01 Double Trouble 3:42
02 I Ain't the One 3:50
03 Call Me the Breeze 5:55
04 Same Old Blues 4:30
05 Every Mother's Son 5:52
06 Sweet Home Alabama 6:11
07 Free Bird 12:26

The quality of the audio is excellent, all tracks are properly tagged, artwork included.
Thanks to all the people that spent a lot of time/effort to record, transfer, master, EQ,
and get this music onto the internet so we can finally have a chance to hear it.

If the Allman Brothers invented Southern Rock at the dawn of the Seventies, then Lynyrd Skynyrd perfected it as the decade wore on.
Lynyrd Skynyrd boiled down its potent regional influences -blues, country, soul- into a heady, potentially crippling homebrew.
The group's initial hook was its three-guitar attack, full of regional pride and cocky boisterous hard rock, as opposed to the
Allman Brothers' trademark two-guitar leads and more open-ended blues.
The core members of Lynyrd Skynyrd first met in high school in Jacksonville, Florida.
Van Zant, Allen Collins, and Gary Rossington formed the band My Backyard in 1965, eventually joined by Leon Wilkeson and Billy Powell.
Their later name immortalized a gym teacher, Leonard Skinner, who was known to punish students who had long hair.
Guitarists Allen Collins and Gary Rossington formed the nucleus of Skynyrd's frontline.
Lead singer Ronnie Van Zant was the band's anchor, and bassist Leon Wilkeson and guitarist Ed King (Strawberry Alarm Clock) rounded out
the sound.
The band, with original drummer Bob Burns, was playing in Atlanta at a bar called Funocchio's in 1972, when they were spotted by Al Kooper,
who was on a tour with Badfinger and also scouted bands for MCA's new Sounds of the South label.
Kooper signed Skynyrd and produced its 1973 debut, "Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd".
Lynyrd Skynyrd first got radio airplay with the lengthy "Free Bird" complete with its fiery three-guitar solo, making this track beyond doubt the
most requested live song in existence.
The band hooked up with the Who's Quadrophenia Tour in 1973 and acquired a reputation as a killer live act.
Essential for die-hard fans are "Skynyrd's First: The Complete Muscle Shoals Album" (1998), and the rarities set "Collectybles" (2000).

Lynyrd Skynyrd during photo shoot in Jonesboro, Georgia 1973

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
172.78 MB
seeders:3
leechers:0
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Greese In The Fryin' Pan & Old Grey Whistle Test '75

All Comments

love it