Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Angel Station [1979][2012][RMSTD][LE]

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on January 26, 2015 by LameDuck69in Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Angel Station [1979][2012][RMSTD][LE] (Size: 100.13 MB)
 01 Don't Kill It Carol.mp314.39 MB
 02 You Angel You.mp39.24 MB
 03 Hollywood Town.mp311.84 MB
 04 'Belle' of the Earth.mp36.31 MB
 05 Platform End.mp33.53 MB
 06 Angels at My Gate.mp311.07 MB
 07 You Are - I Am.mp311.89 MB
 08 Waiting for the Rain.mp314.4 MB
 09 Resurrection.mp36.09 MB
 Back.jpg3.21 MB
 CD.jpg2.1 MB
 Front.jpg6.06 MB

Description

Track Listings:

01. Don't Kill It Carol

02. You Angel You

03. Hollywood Town

04. Belle Of The Earth

05. Platform End

06. Angels At My Gate

07. You Are I Am

08. Waiting For The Rain

09. Resurrection

10. Don't Kill It Carol

11. You Angel You **320 KBPS CBR

**Cover Art

------------------------------------------------------

Manfred Mann's Earth Band are an English rock band formed by South African musician Manfred Mann. The band's hits include covers of Bruce Springsteen's "Blinded By The Light" and "Spirit In The Night". After forming in 1971 and despite a short hiatus in the late 80s/early 90s, the Earth Band has continued to perform and tour through the present.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angel Station is an album released in 1979 by Manfred Mann's Earth Band. Angel Station features a six-note descending theme in most of the songs on the album, woven into the context of each song in a different way. "Hollywood Town" and "You Are, I Am" share a common tune and basic arrangement. They occupied almost identical positions on either side of the LP. The album has the air of an emotional and musical crossword puzzle, or has affinities with the work of M. C. Escher, whose art is alluded to on the cover illustration.

Of interest is the involvement of Fingerprintz's Jimmy O'Neill whose influence can be heard in the edgy, angular instrumental "Platform's End" (a song whose title was probably influenced by the fact that it originally closed the 1978 vinyl's A side), and ex-Slapp Happy and Henry Cow member Anthony Moore who produced the album and influenced its modern, sparse sound.

"This is Chris Thompson's last album with the Earth Band as he is forming his own band in the near future. I wish to thank him for a valuable creative and personal relationship, and wish him every success in the future." - Manfred Mann 1979 In spite of this announcement, Thompson's own outfit Night turned out as unsuccessful, releasing two mostly overlooked albums in 1978 and 1979 respectively, so the singer stayed with the Earth Band instead, returning on the group's next album Chance (1980) already.

Kanye West sampled the bridge from "You Are, I Am" for the track "So Appalled" from West's 2010 album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Band:

Manfred Mann: keyboards, vocals

Geoff Britton: drums, alto saxophone

Pat King: bass guitar

Steve Waller: guitar, vocals ("Don't Kill it Carol", "Angels At My Gate")

Chris Thompson: vocals ("You Angel You", "Hollywood Town", ""Belle" of the Earth", "Waiting for the Rain")

With:

Jimmy O'Neill: guitar

Dyan Birch: backing vocals

Anthony Moore: guitar, sequencer, synthesizer

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
100.13 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Angel Station [1979][2012][RMSTD][LE]