[Mark_Simon]Storyboards Motion in Art, Third Edition( hi quality pdf){Zzzzz}

seeders: 7
leechers: 1
Added on October 24, 2014 by zombie_roxin Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

[Mark_Simon]Storyboards Motion in Art, Third Edition( hi quality pdf){Zzzzz} (Size: 118.64 MB)
 [Mark_Simon]Storyboards Motion in Art, Third Edition(pdf){Zzzzz}.pdf118.57 MB
 Cover.jpg67.17 KB

Description

Among the most useful tools in the production of any TV show or film is the storyboard, which is the visual blueprint of a project before it is shot. The director's vision is illustrated in the manner of a comic strip and handed on to the crew for purposes of budgeting, design, and communication.

Storyboards: Motion in Art 3/e is an in depth look at the production and business of storyboards. Using exercises, real-life examples of working in the entertainment industry, interviews with people in the industry, and sample storyboard drawing, this book will teach you how to :

* Develop and Improve your boards
* Work with directors
* Develop your resume and your portfolio
* Market your talent
* Create and improve a storyboard using computers

Packed full of practical industry information and examples, this book will help the reader improve their skills to either land their first assignment or advance their career.

Publisher: Focal Press; 3rd edition (October 11, 2006)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0240808053
ISBN-13: 978-0240808055

Editorial Reviews
Review

"With more than 20 years of experience in storyboarding, production designing, producing, directing, animating, a defintive book, and multiple lectures, Mark is widely regarded as one of the nation's leading storyboard artists and scholars." - Bauhaus Software

"Simon aims to help artists develop and improve their skills, collaborate with directors, build their resumes and portfolios and market their work. Let's not forget Simon's efforts to inform artists of the latest industry knowledge, and help them create and improve their storyboards with computers." - Bauhaus Software

The new edition of Mark Simon's Storyboards, Motion in Art is a pretty comprehensive book. Not just about animation storyboarding, it also covers live action, gaming, theme-Park boards, laser show boards and advertising storyboards, he has written 64 chapters, appendices, a preface, an intro and actually starts the book with two pages of acknowledgements that include not only names and addresses, but websites and emails too. This author does his research! This entire book is just as compreshensive and reads somewhat like a textbook with a sense of humor. Exercises are grouped at the end of the book rather than with each chapter. Everything is illustrated very well, in both B&W and color. At the end are some wonderful interviews.- Libby Reed, Animation World Magazine, April 2007
Book Description
The business side to the artistic side: What every storyboard artist will need to know.

More About the Author

Biography
I have worked in the entertainment industry for 20 years and have been a professional artist for over 25 years. My background includes live action and animation production, print, writing and teaching.

I currently own three companies located in Orlando, Florida, home of Disney World, one of his clients. Animatics & Storyboards, Inc., is a company which provides storyboards, illustrations, cartoons and comic book illustration to the entertainment and print industries. We are now the largest storyboard supplier in the Southern United States having provided support on over 2,000 productions, ranging from feature films to television series, live action, animation, commercials, industrials, books, magazines, newspapers and more. Our clients include Disney, Universal, Viacom, Sony, HBO, Nickelodeon, Steven Speilberg, Fox, USA Networks, ABC, AT&T, Yamaha, NASA, The American Cancer Society and many, many others.

I also co-founded www.SellYourTvConceptNow.com with my producer wife, Jeanne. We help people to develop, package and pitch their TV concepts.

My other company is A&S Animation, Inc., an animation consultation, development and production house. We specialize in character animation. A&S Animation, Inc. has produced animated shorts which have won over 40 international awards. We also animated Disney s iconic character, Tinker Bell, for the hugely successful Disney Cruise Line.

The series of animated shorts, Timmy s Lessons In Nature, which I developed (along with Travis Blaise and Jeanne Simon), directed and produced, recently won Grand Prize in Nickelodeon s and Animation Magazine s first-ever Nicktoons Film Festival.

I am also the author of three entertainment industry texts. Producing Independent 2D Character Animation showcases every step of production of an independent hand-drawn animation. This book features the production of one of our popular Timmy s Lessons In Nature shorts. The text also contains research necessary for any animator and includes invaluable interviews with industry greats.

My text Storyboards: Motion In Art, is used around the world to train storyboard artists.

Facial Expressions is a photo reference guide for artists of all disciplines.

Each month you may also see my articles in Animation Magazine and on Animation World Network (www.AWN.com).

Prior to storyboarding and producing animation, I was an art director in live-action film and TV in Los Angeles, CA and Orlando, FL. While in Los Angeles, I designed many feature films, music videos and commercials. I then became the second art director at the new Nickelodeon Studios in Orlando, FL in 1989.

I have also done Second Unit directing for Nickelodeon and on Steven Speilberg s seaQuest DSV as well as working as a Special Effects Supervisor for NBC and Fox networks.

I teach at the Digital Animation and Visual Effects School (www.DAVEschool.com) located at Universal Studios, and previously at the University of Central Florida. I currently lecture around the world at major conferences, conventions and schools.

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

Storyboards:Motion in Art
By Steve Lawton on March 27, 2001

... I'm an illustrator myself with 23 years of storyboarding experience. This book is an excellent tool for both the novice and the seasoned, old grizzled vet like me. For the novice it explains the process, offers guides to how to approach a board, what's important, staging, mood, the different types of boards markets, billing, promotion... the whole gammut. For the vets, it jogs our memory. We tend to fall into patterns of how we do things and it gets comfortable and perhaps a bit common place... or even sloppy. The book reminded me that there's more than one right way or any single solution and maybe the 1st and easiest way isn't the best. There are some great samples of different styles of boards from different artists and a good focus on thinking before drawing. It's a good, usefull addition to my ever expanding library and anyone in the field or wanting to be in the field should consider getting a copy. Make sure it's the 2nd edition... a far more extensive and complete book than the earlier edition. (I now have both)

A wonderful recource!
By the_big_cuban on November 9, 2006

I was impressed by the amount of information they were able to cram into this book. I don't think that there was one aspect of storyboarding that was left out. It covers the techniques, tools, and methods artistically as well as how to approach it from a business stand point. This book has an overwhelming amount of examples(most of which are full color) of storyboard panels, useable forms, and reference. The recource section is invaluable to anyone in the field. It covers literally every aspect that I had a question about. I highly recommend this book!

Good explanation of the bigger picture
By dan antkowiak on July 2, 2001

This book addresses several subjects that are all relevant to individuals who want to make a living from, or involving, storyboards. It is fully illustrated by a variety of artists, a feature that is important for up-and-coming artists to have exposure to. There are many diverse styles of illustration out there, but successful storyboard artists all share an awareness of certain principles of filmmaking, that this book also covers. By virtue of its many explanations and illustrations, it presents a broad and clear description of the business of storyboarding. People who want to pursue this field need to know that being able to draw is not the exclusive interest of a production artist, but also cinematic conventions and marketing of their product. I recommend this book to my students who express interest in the field, and for further exploration of specific concentrations I suggest "Directing: Shot by Shot" by Katz, and "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way" by Stan Lee.

Must Buy for Any Storyboard Artist/Illustrator
By Ben on April 23, 2012

I've purchased many books on storyboards and sequential illustration, but nothing has provided the context and the intangible experiences like Mark Simon has in this book. I'm currently 1/2 through the book and have already eclipsed everything I knew about the profession. This book gives you the ins and outs of the job. It has everything from the basics/mechanics of storyboards to preparing your resume and portfolio to what to expect working with different companies. Everything. If you purchase any book on storyboarding, it NEEDS to be this one. I am much more confident starting my career now that I have a better understanding of what's expected from me, and what I can expect from others. You won't regret this purchase, even if you think you know everything there is to know about storyboards, the examples and real life situations Mark Simon presents shed so much light on what it is to be a storyboard artist, you'll feel like a seasoned veteran by the time you're done. He's the best in the biz, and this is the Holy Grail of storyboard books!!

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
118.64 MB
seeders:7
leechers:1
[Mark_Simon]Storyboards Motion in Art, Third Edition( hi quality pdf){Zzzzz}