Marquise Knox - 2009 - Man Child [mp3@320] (Blues)

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on April 26, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Marquise Knox - 2009 - Man Child [mp3@320] (Blues) (Size: 138.65 MB)
 01 - Love Making Machine.mp312.23 MB
 02 - You Put Me Down.mp312.08 MB
 03 - She's the One.mp311.27 MB
 04 - Sometimes I Wonder.mp316.1 MB
 05 - Problem.mp39.31 MB
 06 - Juke Joint Blues.mp315.53 MB
 07 - You Need Love.mp315.41 MB
 08 - Living To Die.mp312.16 MB
 09 - I Go To Work.mp37.62 MB
 10 - Ice Storm.mp316.33 MB
 11 - Clock On The Wall.mp36.48 MB
 Marquise Knox - 2009 - Man Child [mp3@320].txt3.58 KB
 Play - Marquise Knox - Man Child.m3u764 bytes
 Back.jpg655.16 KB
 Booklet 01.jpg888.95 KB
 Booklet 02.jpg1.6 MB
 CD.jpg581.16 KB
 Front.jpg465.31 KB
 EAC Log CD.txt4.08 KB

Description

Ripped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy.
Art & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Marquise Knox - 2009 - Man Child [mp3@320]

Marquise Knox

Marquise Knox in 2014

marquiseknoxblues.com Bio:
Born St. Louis Mo, Marquise hails from a musical family deeply rooted in the Blues. He learned how to play guitar from his grandmother Lillie. He also played with his uncle Clifford, who was a major influence in Marquise's life.
For Marquise, Blues is his heritage and way of life. He spent his early teenage years in St. Louis mentoring under the late great Blues legend, N.E.A. Heritage Fellowship recipient and Grammy Award winner Henry James Townsend. Marquise's talents have earned him performing rights with some of America’s most notable blues performers such as blues legends B.B. King, Pinetop Perkins and David “Honeyboy” Edwards (the latter two also NEA Heritage Fellows). He has also performed at dozens of festivals, and has toured all throughout Europe.

During a visit to Clarksdale, Mississippi, Marquise was introduced to Sam Lay. Like other statesmen of the Blues, Sam took an immediate liking to Marquise and took it upon himself to help give Marquise's career a boost by insisting that Chad Kassem bring Marquise to the celebrated Blues series "Bluesmasters at the Crossroads", which has showcased a virtual who's-who of the Blues at Blue Heaven Studios in Salina, Kansas. Marquise was an immediate crowd favorite, and was adopted by all of the elders of the Blues in attendance that year. His obvious talent along with his deep knowledge of the Blues and vast respect for his elders made it clear Marquise had something special, and Kassem signed him to a three album deal.

2010 Living Blues Award Winner for Debut Artist
2010 Blues Music Association Nominee for Best New Debut Artist

Man Child

Artist: Marquise Knox
Title: Man Child
Producer: Chad Kassem
Release Date: August 11, 2009
Label: APO Records
Catalog: APO 2022
ASIN: B00294WYFE
Genre: Blues, Electric Blues
Duration: 57:50

amazon.com Review:
Man Child is the title of Marquise Knox's national debut, and for good reason. Yes, he was just 16 years old when he made this recording, but no, this is not another of those guitar-hero, someday-my-vocals-may-mature, I -might-one-day-write-my-own-material records. This kid is flat-out for real! This is a man-sized offering of serious, mature blues. In fact, it's the maturity that provides the shock value here. Sixteen years old ?! Listen to that voice and you'll swear he's lying about his age. The guitar licks are tasty and restrained with none of this hyper-active, self-absorbed speed metal that somehow gets confused with the blues. Marquise has already won the approval of B.B. King, Henry Townsend, Robert Lockwood, Jr., Big George Brock, Bob Margolis, Sam Lay .... Read those names again. Do you really think we're talking about a novelty act here? And he's an original. All but one of the tracks on Man Child were penned by Marquise, and most of them were written in the studio, on-the-fly, a skill he learned at least partially by one of Marquise's main heroes, Henry Townsend. This is a 16-year-old, inner-city kid who somehow has decided to become a dead-serious bluesman of the old-school variety. That just doesn't happen anymore.

01. Love Making Machine - 5:15
02. You Put Me Down - 5:11
03. She's the One - 4:50
04. Sometimes I Wonder - 6:57
05. Problem - 3:59
06. Juke Joint Blues - 6:42
07. You Need Love - 6:38
08. Living to Die - 5:13
09. I Go To Work - 3:14
10. Ice Storm - 7:03
11. Clock on the Wall - 2:45

Personnel:

Marquise Knox (vocals, guitar, harmonica)
Michael Burks (guitar)
Don Garrett (bass)
Wayne Sharp (piano)
Chuck "Popcorn" Louden (drums)

Note:
This is not my rip.
My thanks to the original uploader (whoever that may be).

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
138.65 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Marquise Knox - 2009 - Man Child [mp3@320] (Blues)